ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalization invitation letter from home office ?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skyiswide

naturalization invitation letter from home office ?

Post by skyiswide » Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:05 pm

Date of Application- May 1st (self-post)
Date of Approval- 23 July
Date of Received- 25th July by special delivery .

In letter they said ...pleased to say that application successful. And you will receive a letter inviting you to attend ceremony. And this is not an invitation letter. You should not contact local authority until you have received your invitation. If not received invitation within 2 weeks you should email.

Now my question is who gonna send me invitation letter. Home office or council ? Please advise me. I know one letter will come from council for book appointment with them for ceremony. But another letter will come from home office for invitation ? Please lete know.

kkworla

Post by kkworla » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:10 pm

you will get a letter from the Home office advising you to call your council to book an appointment for the ceremony. The letter from the home office indicates that your certificate has been sent to your local council which will then go ahead to officially confirm you as a British citizen. You need to wait for the home office to write to you not your council.