ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Moving to Ireland on FBR with Spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

xxfsbrianxx
Newly Registered

Moving to Ireland on FBR with Spouse

Post by xxfsbrianxx » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:09 pm

Quick questions I'm hoping someone can answer for me. I recently received my FBR certificate but have not yet applied for a passport. I was thinking of traveling on my American passport and applying for an Irish passport once we land.

My questions is, can my spouse register for a Stamp 4 with our marriage certificate, FBR certificate, and my American passport, or will I have to apply for the Irish passport first and then apply for a Stamp 4 and the local immigration office? My spouse is American so we don't require a visa.

Thanks in advance!

jeupsy

Post by jeupsy » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:01 am

I am not 100% sure but i would say as long as you have the certificates and can prove your identity it *should* be fine.

Having said that, obtaining an Irish passport if you are in Ireland doesn't take that long (2 weeks maximum if you use the passport express service), so unless she is especially in a rush to get the Stamp 4 you might as well get the passport first to remove a potential source of problems.

barnaby

Re: Moving to Ireland on FBR with Spouse

Post by barnaby » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:24 pm

xxfsbrianxx wrote:I recently received my FBR certificate but have not yet applied for a passport. I was thinking of traveling on my American passport and applying for an Irish passport once we land.

My questions is, can my spouse register for a Stamp 4 with our marriage certificate, FBR certificate, and my American passport, or will I have to apply for the Irish passport first and then apply for a Stamp 4 and the local immigration office? My spouse is American so we don't require a visa.
I have no idea about stamp 4 applications, but I guess they take longer than Irish passport applications. Therefore, if you apply for the stamp 4 first, your FBR certificate may be tied up for a long time, which will delay your passport application.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:49 pm

I would get the Irish passport first. It should be issued very quickly.

Keep a photocopy of the FBR cert and apply for the Stamp 4 at the same time. Send the FBR original cert to apply for the passport and the photocopy of it to apply for the stamp 4.
BL