ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When to do deed poll

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nehalbhagat

When to do deed poll

Post by nehalbhagat » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:44 am

Hello Friends,
Is it a good time to apply for deed poll for my wife after she obtain naturalisation ? I want her BC passport with my surname and middle name .

Will Indian High commission issue her OCI with her new name or as per Indian passport ?

pls can someone advise.

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: When to do deed poll

Post by ric1982 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:54 am

nehalbhagat wrote:Hello Friends,
Is it a good time to apply for deed poll for my wife after she obtain naturalisation ? I want her BC passport with my surname and middle name .

Will Indian High commission issue her OCI with her new name or as per Indian passport ?

pls can someone advise.
We did it after naturalization and before passport application. Also dont go for online service. They are not worth the paper they are written on (sort of). In UK you can write a deed poll yourself and get it signed by witness. However I suggest you get it done via solicitor as its widely accepted by banks,passport office etc. It will be a bit more fees but you will have piece of mind.

Hope this helps

PS I also would like to know if IHC will accept the deed poll signed by solicitor?

kasturi75

Re: When to do deed poll

Post by kasturi75 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:34 pm

nehalbhagat wrote:Hello Friends,

pls can someone advise.
Talk to NCS, they do deed poll before you apply for Passport. NCS is the easiet way to do it. You will have to collect an application form from NCS, fill it & send it back to them, then they will call you for signatures & document proof. Thay charge some money for this service.

Hope this helps. thanks

nehalbhagat

Post by nehalbhagat » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:44 pm

Hi,
Thanks for your inputs.
Where you say NCS that means nationality checking service in local council ?
Do they do that ?

how about Indian high commission issue OCI on basis of deed poll ?
Will they accept deed poll processed by myself ?

kindly advise

samkma
Member of Standing

Post by samkma » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:20 pm

Deed Poll formats can be downloaded here - http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/H ... =deed_poll

Also See this post for more
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 062969[url][/url]
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho