ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometric Card or Stamp on passport for ILR.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raholptl

Biometric Card or Stamp on passport for ILR.

Post by raholptl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:46 pm

Hi Guys,
anyone got ILR recently please tell was it stamped on the passport or just biometric card was given? Thanks in advance

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Re: Biometric Card or Stamp on passport for ILR.

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:11 pm

raholptl wrote:Hi Guys,
anyone got ILR recently please tell was it stamped on the passport or just biometric card was given? Thanks in advance
BRP only, As far as I am aware and if you go through this forum.

raholptl

Post by raholptl » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Sep08T1Applicant wrote:
have received your ILR recently? or is it your guess? I am asking from those who have recently received their ILR?

Sep08T1Applicant
Mood:

Post by Sep08T1Applicant » Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:39 pm

raholptl wrote:
Sep08T1Applicant wrote:
have received your ILR recently? or is it your guess? I am asking from those who have recently received their ILR?
It was totally based on the statement below found here:
"If a migrant has to apply for a biometric residence permit it will be stated on the application form. For up-to-date information on which types of applications are affected please log on to the Home Office website at www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk.

You will get vignette on your passport if your application is not required to enrol biometrics - ILR application requires Biometrics registration and it comes into affect 29 February 2012 for ILR applications.

I hope this helps

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:36 pm

ILR is only issued as a BRP card, they no longer put the vignette in passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.