ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Place of birth on naturalisation.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raheelmulla

Place of birth on naturalisation.

Post by raheelmulla » Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:45 pm

Hi as I am filling naturalisation form AN

now my question is the place of birth on passport is INDIA which is my country name but according to birth certificate the place of birth is DAMAN.

As I have fill PLACE OF BIRTH - DAMAN

But according to GUIDE AN IT AS THIS:

1.11 – 1.13 Enter your date of birth, the village or town or city where you were born, and the country where you were born. Please take care over these entries as they will appear on your certificate of naturalisation. If they are different from the details shown in your passport/birth certificate you should explain why on page 13 of the application form. N.B. Place and country of birth names shown on the certificate will be names in current acceptable use (and will be in English where an English version exists).

So can any guru say me what should I do.

barnaby

Re: Place of birth on naturalisation.

Post by barnaby » Sun Aug 04, 2013 10:25 pm

raheelmulla wrote:Hi as I am filling naturalisation form AN

now my question is the place of birth on passport is INDIA which is my country name but according to birth certificate the place of birth is DAMAN.

As I have fill PLACE OF BIRTH - DAMAN

But according to GUIDE AN IT AS THIS:

1.11 – 1.13 Enter your date of birth, the village or town or city where you were born, and the country where you were born. Please take care over these entries as they will appear on your certificate of naturalisation. If they are different from the details shown in your passport/birth certificate you should explain why on page 13 of the application form. N.B. Place and country of birth names shown on the certificate will be names in current acceptable use (and will be in English where an English version exists).

So can any guru say me what should I do.
What's the problem? If Daman is a city in India, just write "Daman, India".

raheelmulla

Post by raheelmulla » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:07 pm

So do i have to send birth certificate as a proof of place of birth. And if so what do i write on page 13.

Thankyou for ur help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:56 pm

raheelmulla wrote:Hi as I am filling naturalisation form AN now my question is the place of birth on passport is INDIA which is my country name but according to birth certificate the place of birth is DAMAN. 
As I have fill PLACE OF BIRTH - DAMAN 
But according to GUIDE AN IT AS THIS: 1.11 – 1.13 Enter your date of birth, the village or town or city where you were born, and the country where you were born. Please take care over these entries as they will appear on your certificate of naturalisation. If they are different from the details shown in your passport/birth certificate you should explain why on page 13 of the application form. N.B. Place and country of birth names shown on the certificate will be names in current acceptable use (and will be in English where an English version exists).
 So can any guru say me what should I do.Back to top  
vinny wrote:Why start another thread with the same topic/questions again and again?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.