ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ideas For Showing Good Character

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FriendlyGhost

Ideas For Showing Good Character

Post by FriendlyGhost » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:11 pm

Due to a motoring offence I want to prove my good character in the ILR application. I am thinking of ways to do that. Anyone has any ideas how to show good character? For example, one thing I can think of is doing some volunteer work.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Ideas For Showing Good Character

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:13 pm

FriendlyGhost wrote:Due to a motoring offence I want to prove my good character in the ILR application. I am thinking of ways to do that. Anyone has any ideas how to show good character? For example, one thing I can think of is doing some volunteer work.
yes join Voluntary MET police force 8 hours per month

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:17 pm

Applying for the Met with a possible motoring conviction :roll:

Make sure you do not fall under the general grounds for refusal, keep out of trouble and satisfy the requirements. That's your best option.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

londener

Post by londener » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:33 am

I suggest you to make a letter from your solicitors that you do not fall under the general ground for refusal ,you might know criminality threshold.If you do not fall under this criteria , a solicitors letter and please prepare your own self declaration letter showing that you are aware of offences and make sure you won't repeat them again.You should support your claim with your efforts.Like you studied about rules,you started a self help program,If it is because of alcohol and drugs you should show what sorts of remedies have you taken etc....Like why the offences have occurred and what remedies have you taken to resolve that.A past plus driving test could help.If needed make some character reference letters from your community people.Or say I will provide character reference letters from community people if needed.that would really help.
I hope you understand my point.
That would be sufficient.
believe in yourself !!!

londener

Post by londener » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:36 am

You know volunteering here is subject to CRB checking so may not be reliable fin your case.
believe in yourself !!!

FriendlyGhost

Post by FriendlyGhost » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:32 am

Thanks everyone.
Amber and londener, I do fall under general grounds for refusal. There will still be five months before I complete my unspent conviction at the time I'll apply. I fully understand that I should wait till those five months are complete before applying. Despite that I still want to give it a try.

Do you have further suggestions now that you know the context? Thanks in advance!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:59 am

FriendlyGhost wrote:Thanks everyone.
Amber and londener, I do fall under general grounds for refusal. There will still be five months before I complete my unspent conviction at the time I'll apply. I fully understand that I should wait till those five months are complete before applying. Despite that I still want to give it a try.

Do you have further suggestions now that you know the context? Thanks in advance!
Continue in your other thread.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.