ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Approved but No letter from HO and Council

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adi_khaneng

Approved but No letter from HO and Council

Post by adi_khaneng » Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:48 pm

I wrote an email last week asking an update on my application. I got a response today telling me that HO sent me a letter dated 24th July. I still haven't receive either the council letter nor the HO letter.

HO mentioned that if you don't get the letter by 9th Aug write them another email and they will issue me with another letter.

Anybody experineced that? Also I don't think that even with the 2nd class post it might take more than a week if it would have been posted on the 24th July I would have received it now.

I also gave a call to my local council they guy did check the certificate records and confirmed that they still haven't received the certificate. Does the HO send the certificate by 2nd class post as well?

mealos

Post by mealos » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:50 am

Please check the July 2013 timeline post. People there were talking about the peculiar responses they got when applied to councils' NCS teams such as no approval letters received by registrar from HO for 3 weeks , all silent due to an IT problem etc..

Yours might be in the same boat. I would't worry for the moment if that's the case?

Hope this helps.

skyiswide

Re: Approved but No letter from HO and Council

Post by skyiswide » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:32 pm

adi_khaneng wrote:I wrote an email last week asking an update on my application. I got a response today telling me that HO sent me a letter dated 24th July. I still haven't receive either the council letter nor the HO letter.

HO mentioned that if you don't get the letter by 9th Aug write them another email and they will issue me with another letter.

Anybody experineced that? Also I don't think that even with the 2nd class post it might take more than a week if it would have been posted on the 24th July I would have received it now.

I also gave a call to my local council they guy did check the certificate records and confirmed that they still haven't received the certificate. Does the HO send the certificate by 2nd class post as well?
I am sure you didn't enclosed royal mail special deliver returned envelope otherwise you would get your approval letter. Since 25th july no one receive anything that dated 25th julyor later. And I rreceived approval but waiting for invitation letter and my council hasnt received certificate yet...and I haven't received invitation letter either. So no worries it will cime soon......probably. ...

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:24 pm

I called my council and the guy said they have received my certificate :lol: . I have booked my ceremony which is on 2nd of Sep 8) . They guy asked me to bring the letter from the Home office which I haven't received yet.

Can I attend the ceremony without Home office Letter. I applied via NCS.

I also have the email from the Home office advising me that my application has been successful and the letter was sent out on the 24th July. Can I use that email instead of that Letter.

Please advise.

Thanks

hemalay

Post by hemalay » Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:58 pm

Just Take the first letter you received and current passport.

I did the same.

My was private ceremony and council staff was welcoming and helpful.

adi_khaneng wrote:I called my council and the guy said they have received my certificate :lol: . I have booked my ceremony which is on 2nd of Sep 8) . They guy asked me to bring the letter from the Home office which I haven't received yet.

Can I attend the ceremony without Home office Letter. I applied via NCS.

I also have the email from the Home office advising me that my application has been successful and the letter was sent out on the 24th July. Can I use that email instead of that Letter.

Please advise.

Thanks
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:13 pm

thanks Hemalay for your input.

I haven't received any letter from Home Office yet. I emailed them last month and got a reply that my application has been approved. Hence the question.

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:50 pm

adi_khaneng wrote:thanks Hemalay for your input.

I haven't received any letter from Home Office yet. I emailed them last month and got a reply that my application has been approved. Hence the question.
I would advise you to contact your council immediately and tell them the story. I have seen people on this forum who contacted the council and council managed to get HO faxed the letter straight to them without delay. Not guaranteed but worth trying.

adi_khaneng

Post by adi_khaneng » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:58 pm

I emailed home office and they can't emailed the scan copy of invitation letter and they said that I would not be able to attend the ceremony without that invitation letter.

Can I take email copy and attend with my passport copy