ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation for spouse and ILR criteria

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sojan

Naturalisation for spouse and ILR criteria

Post by sojan » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Could you please clarify on below situation
1. Husband became UK citizen in July 2013 (but nowhere is mentioned about spouse in british Passport)
2. Wife became ILR (from Tier1 dependent/FLR) in Dec 2012 (i.e. Wife will complete 1 year post ILR only @Dec 2013 )
3. But Wife becomes 3 years in the UK @Sept 2013

As per this board's FAQs
Q2: My spouse was granted ILR as a dependant. When can he/she apply?
Once a dependant is granted ILR, he/she is not a dependant any more. For naturalisation, each applicant needs to meet the requirements (including the 5 years residence period). There is a reduced fee when applying together.
If one applicant meets the 5 years residence requirement but the spouse doesn’t, then once the applicant is granted BC (after the citizenship ceremony), the spouse becomes a spouse of BC and can apply for naturalisation under the 3 years residence requirements.

UKBA official sitealso doesn't mention anything about 1 year ILR requirement for spouse.

Can you please confirm , when Wife can apply for naturalization?
Sept 2013 OR Dec 2013

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:50 pm

September 2013 and she will apply as spouse of British Citizen as long as she meets all the standard requirements and was physically present on the same day 3 years ago.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... ofcitizen/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sojan

Post by sojan » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:35 pm

Thank you mate