ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Judicial Review - English Language Reqmt

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

iramkk

HSMP Judicial Review - English Language Reqmt

Post by iramkk » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Hi Friends,

This site has been of great help to me over the past few years. I have a query that needs some assistance.

I was on HSMP with Judicial Review and got my ILR on August 2nd (5 + 1 year). As i was a Judicial Review applicant, I did not need to write Life in the UK test while applying for ILR, but do need to fulfill english language requirement for applying naturalisation.

I am planning to apply this month itself (before October when the new requirements come into effect)

Is passing ESOL level 1 enough for me while applying or is it mandatory to pass Life in the UK?

Thanks

kasturi75

Post by kasturi75 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:32 pm

It's not a big job mate... do it. worth doing it for knowledge...

cricinfo

Re: HSMP Judicial Review - English Language Reqmt

Post by cricinfo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:36 pm

iramkk wrote:Hi Friends,

This site has been of great help to me over the past few years. I have a query that needs some assistance.

I was on HSMP with Judicial Review and got my ILR on August 2nd (5 + 1 year). As i was a Judicial Review applicant, I did not need to write Life in the UK test while applying for ILR, but do need to fulfill english language requirement for applying naturalisation.

I am planning to apply this month itself (before October when the new requirements come into effect)

Is passing ESOL level 1 enough for me while applying or is it mandatory to pass Life in the UK?

Thanks
LIUK is manadatory for BC even if you claimed ILR without it. JR judgement doesn't apply for BC applications. Also you have to fulfill English language requirements which are coming into force after 28th of October this year.

iramkk

Post by iramkk » Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:14 am

Reading this page from UKBA thrice does not specify that Life in the UK is mandatory and that ESOL qualification is enough.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... tizenship/

Can you please tell me where it says Life in the UK is mandatory, if an application is made before October 28th?

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:13 am

As things stand now:

1. AN Guide page 6, para 1.2 at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ide_an.pdf

2. Form AN, page 5, question 1.2 at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orm_an.pdf
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

iramkk

Post by iramkk » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:29 am

Thank you wpilr_nov12.

From reading the links you provided, my ESOL qualification is enough if I apply before October 28th.

Thanks

cricinfo

Post by cricinfo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:42 am

iramkk wrote:Thank you wpilr_nov12.

From reading the links you provided, my ESOL qualification is enough if I apply before October 28th.

Thanks
Sorry for confusion. I should have mentioned LIUK or ESOL. I myself claimed ILR under HSMP JR and didn't have to pass LIUK or ESOL but for BC application you need one of those.