ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR to British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

prageethpasyala
Newly Registered

Post by prageethpasyala » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:38 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm holding ILR(Settlement) recently. I have following question regarding the British citizenship.

1. How long should i wait in ILR?
2. what eligibility?
3. Can my wife also apply British citizenship with me?(she also got her ILR recently same time with me)

Thanks
Last edited by prageethpasyala on Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:43 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

samkma
Member of Standing

Re: ILR to British citizenship

Post by samkma » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:04 pm

prageethpasyala wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm holding ILR(Settlement) recently. I have following question regarding the British citizenship.

1. How long should i wait in ILR?
You can apply after completing 12 months from the date your ILR was granted.
“Impossible is just an opinion.”
.......Paulo Coelho

prageethpasyala
Newly Registered

Post by prageethpasyala » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:37 pm

Hi everyone,

1. Can my wife also apply British citizenship with me after one year time?(she also got her ILR same time with me)

Thanks

cricinfo

Re: ILR to British citizenship

Post by cricinfo » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:30 pm

prageethpasyala wrote:Hi everyone,

1. Can my wife also apply British citizenship with me after one year time?(she also got her ILR same time with me)

Thanks
It depends how long she has been in this country. If she has been in the country for more than 5 years by the time you apply for BC then she can apply with you. In this case she will have to meet the same requirements as you. If she wants to apply after 3 years of residence as BC spouse then the safest option is to apply after you become BC (after attending oath ceremony)