ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview and new supporting documents

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Interview and new supporting documents

Post by rizwan567 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:38 pm

I notice that in the past applicants who were called for interview by Home Office, take fresh documents with them to strengthen their cases. Documents like updated bank statements, business plans, invoices, contracts, accountant references, business activity etc.

Recently Home Office have changed their procedures. Now when they call for interview, in interview invitation letter they have written that 'Do not bring any documents with you on interview date' If you want you can send these documents to Sheffield address before you appear for interview.

My question now is: Should fresh documents be submitted before interview? I personally do not think that fresh documents be submitted as they have not asked for it. Of course your application was complete and valid that is why you are called for interview. If something was missing or incomplete then they would have refused your visa without conducting an interview. The logic behind conducting an interview is to check the genuineness of your plans by taking our statements. If they needed more/fresh documents then they would write to you to supply more documents, not call you for interview.

What is your opinion on this? This thread will be helpful for all those appearing for interview in near future.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:09 pm

97 views and no comments. Please share your views on the issue.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:59 pm

Good point raised, as per my understanding you don't need to submit any additional document unless asked by caseworker ..... As long as u have submitted complete documents with initial application there is nothing to worry about ..... Regarding not bringing any documents at interview that is strange or may be they want to have the documents before hand so they can ask question abt tht too .... But again there is no harm in taking docs wit u at interview and showing it to interviewer like updating bank statements, invoices etc just to show that u r still trading actively as whatever u answer and show in interview they document it in interview notes.

This is my personal opinion may be I am wrong.

Regards

[rizwan567"]97 views and no comments. Please share your views on the issue.[/quote]