ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

british Passport interview question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

yaakovnewman
Germany

british Passport interview question

Post by yaakovnewman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:17 pm

Hi
Need to clear a thing with u if u can it will be big help. My younger bother had his passport interview today in Crawley. All went fine except when interviewer asked name of counter signature he didn't tell his correct name as we signed with two different guys both are medical doctor and he mixed it one name with another .the interviewer kept asking him question and except his name he told him every thing correctly as we know him for a long time...he realized it after like 2 mins and now he is bit worry about this as he needs to travel in a week for a job purpose and he need his passport
Kindly advice me what could be the consequences

Thanks in advance

cricinfo

Re: british Passport interview question

Post by cricinfo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:58 pm

yaakovnewman wrote:Hi
Need to clear a thing with u if u can it will be big help. My younger bother had his passport interview today in Crawley. All went fine except when interviewer asked name of counter signature he didn't tell his correct name as we signed with two different guys both are medical doctor and he mixed it one name with another .the interviewer kept asking him question and except his name he told him every thing correctly as we know him for a long time...he realized it after like 2 mins and now he is bit worry about this as he needs to travel in a week for a job purpose and he need his passport

Thanks in advance
In worst case scenario they can opt for additional security checks which could take some time. You can ask your brother to speak with IPS to find more information about his application. If the interviewer was satisfied then his passport might have issued by now otherwise it can take some time to conduct additional security checks. IPS should be able to tell you in either case. They are really helpful compared to UKBA staff.

yaakovnewman
Germany

Post by yaakovnewman » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 am

cricinfo wrote:

Thanks in advance
In worst case scenario they can opt for additional security checks which could take some time. You can ask your brother to speak with IPS to find more information about his application. If the interviewer was satisfied then his passport might have issued by now otherwise it can take some time to conduct additional security checks. IPS should be able to tell you in either case. They are really helpful compared to UKBA staff.

Thanks for prompt reply and reassuring kind words

yaakovnewman
Germany

Post by yaakovnewman » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:19 am

yaakovnewman wrote:
cricinfo wrote:

Thanks in advance

Thanks for prompt reply and reassuring kind words
Thanks again, Mr brother received his passport today, it was issued on same date of interview, one more time thanks again for your quick response