ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Croydon PEO 28 Aug 2013, Tier 1 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tcr008
Newly Registered

ILR Success at Croydon PEO 28 Aug 2013, Tier 1 General

Post by tcr008 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:08 pm

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a bit of information about my recent success in transferring from Tier 1 (General) to Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Background info: I have been in the UK since 2004, initially as a working holiday maker, transferred to a work permit in 2006, then Tier 1 General in 2007, and finally now ILR in 2013.

Appointment was at 8.40am. I arrived at about 8:15 and it took about 20 minutes in total to get through security and initial reception. As has been documented here, all the staff at the PEO are courteous and willing to help.

I was out of there with my application approved by about 11.00.

Documents taken
1. Set(O) form completed
2. Current passport (the only passport I have had in the time in the UK)
3. Existing Biometric Residence Permit
4. Life in UK Test Certificate
5. 12 payslips from employer
6. 11 months of bank statements corroborating the payslips
7. Letter from employer backing up the numbers
8. P60 for the previous year (this DOES NOT match the year range of the payslips so I would think it would be inadmissible as a form of evidence)
9. List of absences from the UK (I typed this myself)
10. Most recent payslip

Total days absent from UK in 5 year period: 99 days
Longest period away straight: 22 days

No photocopies provided. Also, the 11 months of bank statements (without the 12th month in payslips) would have kept me in the same points band required to satisfy the points requirement.

I have to admit that I had a mini panic at midnight the day before whilst checking over the documentation and paperwork. In the documentation it seemed like even Tier 1 General applicants needed evidence to explain their absences. However, db83's post gave me the confidence to go for it.

Thankfully I did, because the list of absences I provided (without evidence except for the stamps in my passport) seemed to suffice.

Wanted to thank everyone on this board, particularly gurus like D4109125 for sharing their knowledge about the immigration process, and hope that some of my experiences can help also.

Also, for those of you who have gone from Tier 1(G) to ILR, was your BRP returned to you? Mine wasn't…?

Heisgood

Re: ILR Success at Croydon PEO 28 Aug 2013, Tier 1 General

Post by Heisgood » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:34 am

tcr008 wrote:Hi all,

Just wanted to give a bit of information about my recent success in transferring from Tier 1 (General) to Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Background info: I have been in the UK since 2004, initially as a working holiday maker, transferred to a work permit in 2006, then Tier 1 General in 2007, and finally now ILR in 2013.

Appointment was at 8.40am. I arrived at about 8:15 and it took about 20 minutes in total to get through security and initial reception. As has been documented here, all the staff at the PEO are courteous and willing to help.

I was out of there with my application approved by about 11.00.

Documents taken
1. Set(O) form completed
2. Current passport (the only passport I have had in the time in the UK)
3. Existing Biometric Residence Permit
4. Life in UK Test Certificate
5. 12 payslips from employer
6. 11 months of bank statements corroborating the payslips
7. Letter from employer backing up the numbers
8. P60 for the previous year (this DOES NOT match the year range of the payslips so I would think it would be inadmissible as a form of evidence)
9. List of absences from the UK (I typed this myself)
10. Most recent payslip

Total days absent from UK in 5 year period: 99 days
Longest period away straight: 22 days

No photocopies provided. Also, the 11 months of bank statements (without the 12th month in payslips) would have kept me in the same points band required to satisfy the points requirement.

I have to admit that I had a mini panic at midnight the day before whilst checking over the documentation and paperwork. In the documentation it seemed like even Tier 1 General applicants needed evidence to explain their absences. However, db83's post gave me the confidence to go for it.

Thankfully I did, because the list of absences I provided (without evidence except for the stamps in my passport) seemed to suffice.

Wanted to thank everyone on this board, particularly gurus like D4109125 for sharing their knowledge about the immigration process, and hope that some of my experiences can help also.

Also, for those of you who have gone from Tier 1(G) to ILR, was your BRP returned to you? Mine wasn't…?
Well done - Enjoy
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

pnakhat
Newly Registered

Post by pnakhat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:39 am

Did case worker asked anything about the leave ?

pnakhat
Newly Registered

Post by pnakhat » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:45 am

Did case worker asked anything about the leave ?

Stace_ILR
Newly Registered

Post by Stace_ILR » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:05 am

Great news!
I am applying for mine next week and also have a stress about the days out the country as in my one year I was away for 180 days on the dot (this was not 1 continuous 180 day break but split with 1 big sabbatical and other smaller holidays when I had started work again). I am wondering if you think this will be questioned. Its in the allowance and my other visa years my leave is only about 30 days.
I don't plan on mentioning this in a cover letter or anything. Hopefully it will not cause me any issues.