ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child's application via check and send today

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:47 pm

South Lanarkshire website asked me to fill a form and email it to them which I did.
I then received an automated response saying if I don't hear from them in 24 hours, I can call them on number below.
I didn't receive a response so I called them yesterday. I was forwarded to voice messaging system which asked me leave a message only if I haven't left message before and someone will call me in 24 hours.

Well guess what, still no call. I went on their site again looking for some way to complain. They did have complain section but it just says contact us but no contact details to be contacted.

I am not really in mood to travel to other council as next closest one is over 40 miles away and would cast me a day's work as well.

Any suggestions?
Last edited by akhurshid on Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heisgood

Re: Anyone having issues booking NCS appointment?

Post by Heisgood » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:05 am

akhurshid wrote:South Lanarkshire website asked me to fill a form and email it to them which I did.
I then received an automated response saying if I don't hear from them in 24 hours, I can call them on number below.
I didn't receive a response so I called them yesterday. I was forwarded to voice messaging system which asked me leave a message only if I haven't left message before and someone will call me in 24 hours.

Well guess what, still no call. I went on their site again looking for some way to complain. They did have complain section but it just says contact us but no contact details to be contacted.

I am not really in mood to travel to other council as next closest one is over 40 miles away and would cast me a day's work as well.

Any suggestions?
I booked through the NCS central services as local council could not book the appointment on the system for some strange reason. While speaking to them they transferred the call to the main central services, which booked the appointment and took the payment for the same council appointment. It's worth calling the HO and asking for the central services number to book that way if you don't want to go to another council.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Guys,

I have just applied for my daughter's first passport after registration.
They asked me for my or wife's birth certificate which I dont have.
I told them it's not mentioned anywhere on booklet. She said she do it day in day out and it is required.
She has sent the application without it though.
Documents sent:
Filled application form.
2 photos
Daughter's full birth certificate.
Her non UK passports till date.
My current non UK passport and BRP
Her nationality certificate.

My query is, has anybody had this issue before and will it be ok without my birth certificate? I dont have a birth certificate at all as I never needed it before.

Thanks in advance.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Child's application via check and send today

Post by Jambo » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:22 pm

akhurshid wrote:Guys,

I told them it's not mentioned anywhere on booklet. She said she do it day in day out and it is required.
Documents sent:
Filled application form.
2 photos

My query is, has anybody had this issue before and will it be ok without my birth certificate? I dont have a birth certificate at all as I never needed it before.

Thanks in advance.
She was wrong. She mixed it with requirements for children born to British parents. In fact, you didn't need to send your passport and BRP as they prove nothing. Your child is British. She has a certificate to prove it. Simple.

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Thats what I thought.
Thanks Jambo :-)

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:56 pm

You just need your child non-uk passport, naturalisation certificate, that's it.
I applied for my child on 14th and received passport today morning.

nadeem toheed

Re: Child's application via check and send today

Post by nadeem toheed » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:06 pm

akhurshid wrote:Guys,

Documents sent:
Filled application form.
2 photos

Thanks in advance.
Hello,
I've got my 3 daughters first British passport this month, you just need to send Child's Naturalisation certificates and their non UK passport(if they have one) bcoz my youngest daughter had not a non UK passpot and i just send her Naturalisation certificate along with UK birth certificates and its been done
Thanks

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:07 am

Thanks Nadeem,

I kinda figured that out and will not be using that post office again for this service.