ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Croydon PEO 2nd Sept 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kafiz
Newly Registered

ILR success at Croydon PEO 2nd Sept 2013

Post by Kafiz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:27 pm

Hi,

I wanted to share my experience for my same day ILR application that I made at Croydon PEO. I was a work permit holder before this for 4 yrs and 11 months and was applying for my self and my wife, who was eligible as a WP dependant.

1.)Appointment Time 10:40(they only let me in at 10:10 and no earlier)
2.)Usual Security Checks[Ground Floor]
3.)Passport checked and token issued[Ground Floor]
4.)Payment Taken, then wait for Case registration [Third Floor]
5.) Case registration, then wait for Bio-Metrics[Third Floor]
6.)Bio-Metrics taken:
The lady asked if we want to stay in building or go out as the next stage will take 1-2 hours. I decided to go for lunch and left my number with them.
7.) Police and Immigration checks being done and application gets decided
This step takes 1-2 hours as mentioned above. I got a call after this step and the Case Worker wanted to have a chat with me regards something. That something I knew would be a police caution that I was given in June 2010, but I wasn't sure what he would want to ask. As all of you know that there is no specific place to mention cautions on the application and so I mentioned it in the additional information section and had answered No to all section 7.

When I met the case worker, I was surprised to see him asking if I want to declare anything in section 7? I told him that the only thing to mention is the police caution and I have done so in additional notes. He then had a look at the end and said that he had not seen them yet and on reading what I had written said that it is good that I mentioned it in the form. However he still made me answer section 7.1 as a yes and in the details in 7.2 made me write Caution in June 2010 and no more details. I told him that it was a caution not a conviction, but he seemed casual about it and said it doesn't matter as long as I write that it is a caution in 2010.

This I think would not have been necessary if he had read my explanation because what he made me do was technically incorrect but as long as he was the case worker, and seemed satisfied it was fine for me.

Maybe if I had mentioned it in the cover letter he would have automatically known by the time he reached section 7. Either way for them what is important is that you mention it even if it is more than 2 years old as if not to insinuate that you are hiding it.

Thanks

onabanjo

Re: ILR success at Croydon PEO 2nd Sept 2013

Post by onabanjo » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:14 pm

[quote="Kafiz"]Hi,

I wanted to share my experience for my same day ILR application that I made at Croydon PEO. I was a work permit holder before this for 4 yrs and 11 months and was applying for my self and my wife, who was eligible as a WP dependant.

6.)Bio-Metrics taken:
The lady asked if we want to stay in building or go out as the next stage will take 1-2 hours. I decided to go for lunch and left my number with them.
This step takes 1-2 hours as mentioned above. I got a call after this step and the Case Worker wanted to have a chat with me regards something. That something I knew would be a police caution that I was given in June 2010, but I wasn't sure what he would want to ask. As all of you know that there is no specific place to mention cautions on the application and so I mentioned it in the additional information section and had answered No to all section 7.

When I met the case worker, I was surprised to see him asking if I want to declare anything in section 7? I told him that the only thing to mention is the police caution and I have done so in additional notes. He then had a look at the end and said that he had not seen them yet and on reading what I had written said that it is good that I mentioned it in the form. However he still made me answer section 7.1 as a yes and in the details in 7.2 made me write Caution in June 2010 and no more details. I told him that it was a caution not a conviction, but he seemed casual about it and said it doesn't matter as long as I write that it is a caution in 2010.

This I think would not have been necessary if he had read my explanation because what he made me do was technically incorrect but as long as he was the case worker, and seemed satisfied it was fine for me.

Maybe if I had mentioned it in the cover letter he would have automatically known by the time he reached section 7. Either way for them what is important is that you mention it even if it is more than 2 years old as if not to insinuate that you are hiding it.

Congratulations.Emjoy your ILR
Disclaimer: I am no immigration lawyer nor am I OISC qualified. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Kafiz
Newly Registered

Post by Kafiz » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:45 pm

Thanks

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:17 am

Kafiz wrote:Thanks
Congrats and enjoy your ILR !
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: ILR success at Croydon PEO 2nd Sept 2013

Post by sonub4ualt » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:49 am

Kafiz wrote:Hi,

6.)Bio-Metrics taken:

Thanks

Congrats!!!