ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP (RC)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

samira_uk
BANNED

BRP (RC)

Post by samira_uk » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:05 am

Hi All,

I have a question: a friend of mine change his name due to marriage and he is in the UK on Tier 1 General and was issued a BRP card.

Now, he is confused. Should he both inform the UKBA using change of circumstances form and then apply for a replacement BRP or applying just for BRP replacement is enough?

And what is the application fee for BRP(RC) form? I could not find it.

Thank you all

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:36 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:01 pm

thank you but I saw this link and could not find my answer.

It said that we should inform them and then apply for a new BRP. So we should do both?

Moreover, I did not find the application fee.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:52 pm

How can you change your personal details on your biometric residence permit? wrote: You must tell us as soon as you can if:

you change your name (for example, because of marriage or by deed poll);
you change your gender, legally or permanently;
you change your nationality; or
your facial appearance changes significantly.
If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within 3 months using application form BRP(RC). If you do not do this, you may have to pay a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or we may curtail (shorten) your permission to stay. You can download the application form and guidance from the right side of this page.
A16. Amount to be paid - £38 - standard
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:52 pm

How can you change your personal details on your biometric residence permit? wrote: You must tell us as soon as you can if:

you change your name (for example, because of marriage or by deed poll);
you change your gender, legally or permanently;
you change your nationality; or
your facial appearance changes significantly.
If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within 3 months using application form BRP(RC). If you do not do this, you may have to pay a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or we may curtail (shorten) your permission to stay. You can download the application form and guidance from the right side of this page.
A16. Amount to be paid - £38 - standard

KTM
Newly Registered

Post by KTM » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Dear All

Any idea how long it takes to get replacement BRP using BRP(RC) form.

amit0277

Place of birth misspelled

Post by amit0277 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:00 am

I recently noticed that the Place of birth is misspelled on my BRP card. I am well beyond 10 day limit and would end up paying for the renewal. The place of birth in my passport is correct. I have not updated any information in my passport.

As my situation is not changed, I am confused that this issue does not fall in change in situation category. Due to the incompetency of UKBA staff this situation has arise. Anyway I have to get this rectified.

I am not sure what to select while filling in the replacement form. There is no section in the form which is for rectifying issue with place of birth. Section 2 - Applicant’s Details is the only place where one enter place of birth. Can you please help me out. My ILR is due in December.

DGENQUIRIES
Newly Registered

Re: BRP (RC)

Post by DGENQUIRIES » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:58 pm

This is my story. Any one with advice, suggestions or information that can help me, I am asking you to please come forth.

JULY 2013: Received BRP with misspelt name, 3 Months after being granted FLR. Solicitor acting on my behalf immediately wrote to the H.O asking for a replacement BRP card.

SEPTEMBER 2013: Home office responded that they needed confirmation of spelling. Solicitor sent back my old BRP with my Birth Certificate to confirm spelling.

October 2013: Solicitor was told that they would be issuing my BRP but was given no timescale. I also rang them personally and was told that they spelling of my name was confirmed.

November 2013: I rang them personally again, and was told to wait & that my case is being dealt with.

December 2013: Was told that my solicitor didnt send birth certificate and old BRP till recently, however this was disputed by my solicitor who gave me recorded delivery reference trracking number. They said that my old BRP was destroyed and that my new one is being sent to be in January.

January 2014: Rang today was told that my case is yet to be looked into and no new BRP was sent out for me , this contradicts what I was told two weeks ago. My number was taken and I was told that a case worker will call me today, which I know is a lie because theyve taken my number on more than 7 occasions and I've yet to receive any call from them.

I've contacted my local MP and will be visiting my local UKBA branch soon.
This has caused me destitution and a remarkable loss of job opportunities and I would like to take action against UKBA in near future. Any advice? My advice to you all is ring after two weeks to see if there has been any progression on your file..record ukba

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:22 pm

DGENQUIRIES wrote:This is my story. Any one with advice, suggestions or information that can help me, I am asking you to please come forth.

JULY 2013: Received BRP with misspelt name, 3 Months after being granted FLR. Solicitor acting on my behalf immediately wrote to the H.O asking for a replacement BRP card.

SEPTEMBER 2013: Home office responded that they needed confirmation of spelling. Solicitor sent back my old BRP with my Birth Certificate to confirm spelling.

October 2013: Solicitor was told that they would be issuing my BRP but was given no timescale. I also rang them personally and was told that they spelling of my name was confirmed.

November 2013: I rang them personally again, and was told to wait & that my case is being dealt with.

December 2013: Was told that my solicitor didnt send birth certificate and old BRP till recently, however this was disputed by my solicitor who gave me recorded delivery reference trracking number. They said that my old BRP was destroyed and that my new one is being sent to be in January.

January 2014: Rang today was told that my case is yet to be looked into and no new BRP was sent out for me , this contradicts what I was told two weeks ago. My number was taken and I was told that a case worker will call me today, which I know is a lie because theyve taken my number on more than 7 occasions and I've yet to receive any call from them.

I've contacted my local MP and will be visiting my local UKBA branch soon.
This has caused me destitution and a remarkable loss of job opportunities and I would like to take action against UKBA in near future. Any advice? My advice to you all is ring after two weeks to see if there has been any progression on your file..record ukba
Is it really necessary for you to put your same post into so many other threads?? You should start your own topic/thread and wait for response/help.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 35#p970535

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 20#p970520

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 31#p970531

And separately in a post of someone who probably already traveled in Dec 2013,

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 29#p970529
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DGENQUIRIES
Newly Registered

Post by DGENQUIRIES » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:04 pm

Sorry if I am annoying anyone by reposting my thread. I am extremely stressed out. A 6 MONTH wait for a biometric replacement has taken its toll on me.