ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Company benefits & ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Shace

Company benefits & ILR

Post by Shace » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:35 pm

benefits from my company

I am working full time for a multinational company, my company is offering me few benefits:

benefit 1: they are offering me option of buying shares, if I purchase 1 share they will double the amount. this money is taken before tax. which allows me to save some of the tax I pay.

benefit 2: I am entitled for 26 holidays per year, but I can purchase 8 more holidays, this is also taken before tax.

for an example lets say my salary is 50K, to avoid paying 40% tax for last 8K, I can purchase 2K worth of holiday & 6K worth of share.

by doing this I can save most of my higher tax rate money.

The question is will this affect my ILR, as I am taking some of the tax money for myself? also what will be my salary per year
will this be 50K or will it be 42K

I’ve got 6 more months to ILR if this is a complicated process should I avoid these benefits till I get my ILR,

anyone had similar situation and got ILR?

thanks everyone

shace

Heisgood

Re: Company benefits & ILR

Post by Heisgood » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:30 pm

Shace wrote:benefits from my company

I am working full time for a multinational company, my company is offering me few benefits:

benefit 1: they are offering me option of buying shares, if I purchase 1 share they will double the amount. this money is taken before tax. which allows me to save some of the tax I pay.

benefit 2: I am entitled for 26 holidays per year, but I can purchase 8 more holidays, this is also taken before tax.

for an example lets say my salary is 50K, to avoid paying 40% tax for last 8K, I can purchase 2K worth of holiday & 6K worth of share.

The question is will this affect my ILR, as I am taking some of the tax money for myself? also what will be my salary per year

I’ve got 6 more months to ILR if this is a complicated process should I avoid these benefits till I get my ILR,

thanks everyone

shace
As a previous wpermit holder I had similar benefits from my company. I had the option of purchasing shares, performance based bonus scheme, paid leave and the option to buy back holidays. I accepted and used all of them except the buy back holidays option. I got ILR last year without any issues.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Heisgood

Re: Company benefits & ILR

Post by Heisgood » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:36 pm

Shace wrote:benefits from my company

thanks everyone

shace
As a previous wpermit holder I had similar benefits from my company. I had the option of purchasing shares, performance based bonus scheme, paid leave and the option to buy back holidays. I accepted and used all of them except the buy back holidays option. I got ILR last year without any issues.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Shace

Post by Shace » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:40 am

Hi Heisgood

Thank you very much for your reply, I have decided to take the company benifits apart from buying the holidays from tax money.

Rgds

Shace