ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success(07/09/13):Sheffield PEO >200 days gap

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

udaythota
Newly Registered

ILR Success(07/09/13):Sheffield PEO >200 days gap

Post by udaythota » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:07 pm

All
I have been using this forum very effectively and helped me a lot for my ILR and wanted to share my experience. Hope it helps others

Summary: ILR Success with 220 days gap at a stretch

History:
UK entry: June’2007
Visa: WP+Tier 1
ILR Refusal: July’2012(Please refer to http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Key point: I had split my 220 days gap in two years (Y3 & Y4) with no more than 180 days in any consecutive year

Details:

Documents Submitted:

• Set O form
• Tier1 Points scoring Assessment
• Payslips and Bank statements( Last 12 months)
• Life in UK Test pass notification
• P60 certificates of last 5 years
• Marriage certificate for my dependent
• Cohab Docs:
 Council Tax(2yrs)
 House Tenancy Agreement(2yrs)

Additional docs (I had it handy as backup. However, I have not submitted neither did the case worker asked for them)

• Absence details (Employer letter stating the reason)
** I got it from my present employer. I was not able to get the details from my previous employer. So, I made my own doc/letter explaining the reasons and the corresponding proofs

Preparation:
I had booked my premier appointment in Sheffield. I was lucky to get a weekend appointment (This could be risky as well. If there is any issue/error etc, the case worker cannot clarify with other PEO offices/departments as they are closed and no decision will be taken on the same day)

On the day:
Apt time: 9.00 am / Arrival: 8.30
Step1: Security Check (8.30)
Step 2: Confirmation of appointment and issue token (8.40)
Step3: Submission of form/documents (8.55)
The CW asked for the form and collected the passports. She made few checks and informed us about the next steps. I have proactively asked her if I can submit a cover letter as well which she accepted. I have also mentioned that I have additional docs as well for any clarifications (She made a note of it)
** I explained the “Continuous 5 year period calculation” break up in the cover letter
Step4: Biometric (9.30)
During this time, I think they were reviewing my application as well
Step 5: Application review with CW(9.55)
This was supposed to be a detailed review of my application with the CW. But to my surprise, the CW called us and reminded that I had a ILR refusal in 2012 .She agreed that this was due to the previous rules and my chances of getting ILR this time were +ve .She said that she would require around 1 hr to complete the review and take a decision.
**The CW who collected my docs and who reviewed were different
Step6: Decision time!!!!!!!!!!!(11.00)
ILR Granted. New biometric cards to be issued in a weeks time
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Happy to provide any input to my best knowledge

Cheers

dk2011

Post by dk2011 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:37 pm

Congrats!

rudra2varma

Re: ILR Success(07/09/13):Sheffield PEO >200 days gap

Post by rudra2varma » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:24 pm

udaythota wrote:All
I have been using this forum very effectively and helped me a lot for my ILR and wanted to share my experience. Hope it helps others

Summary: ILR Success with 220 days gap at a stretch

History:
UK entry: June’2007
Visa: WP+Tier 1
ILR Refusal: July’2012(Please refer to http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=

Key point: I had split my 220 days gap in two years (Y3 & Y4) with no more than 180 days in any consecutive year

Details:

Documents Submitted:

• Set O form
• Tier1 Points scoring Assessment
• Payslips and Bank statements( Last 12 months)
• Life in UK Test pass notification
• P60 certificates of last 5 years
• Marriage certificate for my dependent
• Cohab Docs:
 Council Tax(2yrs)
 House Tenancy Agreement(2yrs)

Additional docs (I had it handy as backup. However, I have not submitted neither did the case worker asked for them)

• Absence details (Employer letter stating the reason)
** I got it from my present employer. I was not able to get the details from my previous employer. So, I made my own doc/letter explaining the reasons and the corresponding proofs

Preparation:
I had booked my premier appointment in Sheffield. I was lucky to get a weekend appointment (This could be risky as well. If there is any issue/error etc, the case worker cannot clarify with other PEO offices/departments as they are closed and no decision will be taken on the same day)

On the day:
Apt time: 9.00 am / Arrival: 8.30
Step1: Security Check (8.30)
Step 2: Confirmation of appointment and issue token (8.40)
Step3: Submission of form/documents (8.55)
The CW asked for the form and collected the passports. She made few checks and informed us about the next steps. I have proactively asked her if I can submit a cover letter as well which she accepted. I have also mentioned that I have additional docs as well for any clarifications (She made a note of it)
** I explained the “Continuous 5 year period calculation” break up in the cover letter
Step4: Biometric (9.30)
During this time, I think they were reviewing my application as well
Step 5: Application review with CW(9.55)
This was supposed to be a detailed review of my application with the CW. But to my surprise, the CW called us and reminded that I had a ILR refusal in 2012 .She agreed that this was due to the previous rules and my chances of getting ILR this time were +ve .She said that she would require around 1 hr to complete the review and take a decision.
**The CW who collected my docs and who reviewed were different
Step6: Decision time!!!!!!!!!!!(11.00)
ILR Granted. New biometric cards to be issued in a weeks time
Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Happy to provide any input to my best knowledge

Cheers
Could you please let me how you provided year breakup?

udaythota
Newly Registered

Post by udaythota » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:00 am

I was away for 220 days from July 2009 to Feb 2010.I applied in sep and had split the days

so year 3 no of days : 155 days (apprx)
year 4 no of days : 65 days (apprx)

Hope this helps or are you looking for the format ?

rudra2varma

Post by rudra2varma » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:18 pm

udaythota wrote:I was away for 220 days from July 2009 to Feb 2010.I applied in sep and had split the days

Thanks for this. I have 295 days gap. I am applying on 25th Oct (within 28 days of getting qualified). I will be qualifying on 21-Nov-2013 by splitting days to under 180days per year. I am also struggling to get letter from previous employer. Hope i will have the same luck as you.

rudra2varma

Post by rudra2varma » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:19 pm

udaythota wrote:I was away for 220 days from July 2009 to Feb 2010.I applied in sep and had split the days

Thanks for this. I have 295 days gap. I am applying on 25th Oct (within 28 days of getting qualified). I will be qualifying on 21-Nov-2013 by splitting days to under 180days per year. I am also struggling to get letter from previous employer. Hope i will have the same luck as you.

udaythota
Newly Registered

Post by udaythota » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:51 am

All d best !

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:00 am

Congratulations! how much balance you showed in your account please? and did you keen some amount for any specific period?

ISingh2008

Post by ISingh2008 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:07 pm

sheraz_aries wrote:Congratulations! how much balance you showed in your account please? and did you keen some amount for any specific period?
Hi,
I am illegible for ILR next month under the present rules...and just to be on a safer side I decided to discuss my case with my advisor who is OISC registered. I'v known him for the last 6 years and he is quiet knowledgeable person. During the discussion he told me that it is NOT necessary for the main applicant to maintain £900 (For himself) in his account for the last 90 days, when he applies for ILR. But it is mandatory to have maintained £600 for each dependant...
Even though I have maintained £900 in my account, this information was bit surprising to me...
Hope some senior members of this forum can also confirm this....
Is it necessary for the main applicant to maintain £900 for himself to be elligible for ILR... provided he meets other conditions as well???

Thanks

ISingh2008

Post by ISingh2008 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:03 am

Hi Udaythota,
I have my ILR appointment at Croydon on 23rd Oct...

I have 170 days absence in one of the 12 months slot ....these were unpaid as well... I resigned from my job and went to India to spend time with my family that time.....
Just to mention--- I have not exceeded 180 days out of UK in any of the 12 months slot in the 5 years prior to my ILR elligibility...

So under REASON for absence---can I just mention ' Family Visit in India' or is it necessary to mention PAID or UNPAID leaves outside UK??

Any advise from your experience or any senior member on this forum will be helpful...
Many Thanks