ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will a previous student visa rejection affect my vacation?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Feemuh
Newly Registered

Will a previous student visa rejection affect my vacation?

Post by Feemuh » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:44 pm

I am an American citizen who applied for and was rejected a prospective student visa to study in the UK in February this year. I was told by plymouth university that I didn't need to show any financial details when I apply, because I'd only need that for a tier 4, not prospective. I was rejected for not including them, if I had known I would've waited to apply with them. Now it's September and I want to use the money I saved up for tickets to visit the UK, just for a vacation, over this winter season. Will my previous visa rejection affect or stop me from visiting the UK as a tourist? I just want to spend Christmas with my partner. Thanks for any responses!

akhan25

Post by akhan25 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:36 pm

It shouldn't in theory and just explain it to them with full truth in additional information section or as cover letter. Also if they do stop u when entering uk they will interview and u can explain this all in that too.

sailesh

Post by sailesh » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:06 pm

Generally speaking I would advice u to go to the HO in US get some information as UKBA is very harsh and ready to take your money and no explaination why u were refuse so best would be to go there n ask u wanna be in London for christmast what do I need