ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaxjig
Newly Registered

Eligibility for ILR

Post by jaxjig » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi Gurus,

I need some help in understanding if I am eligible for ILR.

I landed in UK on 10th May 2009 thru Tier 2 Intra company Visa. My CoS expires on 28th Jan 2013 where as my VISA expires on 13th Feb 2013. During this period I was not in country for 2 months(No payroll in UK). I also took holiday for about 25 days. (Paid holiday with UK payroll)

I am not sure if my VISA can be extended so I want to explore option if I can be eligible for ILR before my VISA expires ? As per the quidelines of 5 years I shall be short of 3 months.

Request for the inputs so that I can plan for my future.

Regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:55 pm

What date where you given entry clearance in 2009?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:23 pm

Are your dates/years correct?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

jaxjig
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain

Post by jaxjig » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:59 am

Hi All,

I got entry clearance on 29/04/2009 as per the visa and I entered uk on 10/05/2009 and my visas were for 2 years. Then I got extension for 1 year 2 times and lastly I got extension for 9 months. This brings up the date of my CoS expiry to 28th Jan 2014(Apoligies for entering wrong dates earlier) and my visa expiring on 13th Feb 2014.

During this period as I mentioned earlier, my pay roll was not processed for 2 months as I moved to India. I also took holiday for about 25 days. (Paid holiday with UK payroll)

Please help me with your suggestions and feedback.

regards

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:17 pm

jaxjig wrote:Hi Gurus,

I need some help in understanding if I am eligible for ILR.

I landed in UK on 10th May 2009 thru Tier 2 Intra company Visa. My start date on Visa was 29th April 2009. After 3 extensions, My current CoS expires on 28th Jan 2014 where as my VISA expires on 13th Feb 2014. During this period I was not in country for 2 months(No payroll in UK). I also took holiday for about 25 days. (Paid holiday with UK payroll)

I am not sure if my VISA can be extended so I want to explore option if I can be eligible for ILR before my VISA expires ? As per the quidelines of 5 years I shall be short of 3 months.

Request for the inputs so that I can plan for my future.

Regards
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:20 pm

You can apply to settle from 28 days before 29th April 2014. However, if you apply to extend your leave before that, you can then vary such an extension at the point in which you qualify for settlement. Moreover, if you are eligible at the date of decision, that should suffice see AQ (Pakistan)

jaxjig
Newly Registered

Post by jaxjig » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:55 pm

Thanks for your prompt reply. To be honest, I am not expecting further extensions from my sponsor. Is there any other work arounds to get the ILR processed/applied before my VISA expires.

Thanks