ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to submit my ex husband's ID/passport for ROR?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

becky30
Newly Registered

Do I need to submit my ex husband's ID/passport for ROR?

Post by becky30 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank you all for your prior help with my case. I have already submitted my ROR application and still waiting for the results...

However, I have one important question regarding the ROR application.

I have recently talked to a lawyer and couple of people from forums who suggested that I was supposed to submit my ex's ID or passport in order to be eligible for ROR. I didn't send his ID/passport, he would never give it to me. I am so confused and worried now.

Is there anyone who has recently applied for ROR and successfully retained their rights? Please inform me!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Imshzd

Re: Do I need to submit my ex husband's ID/passport for ROR?

Post by Imshzd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:33 pm

becky30 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I would like to thank you all for your prior help with my case. I have already submitted my ROR application and still waiting for the results...

However, I have one important question regarding the ROR application.

I have recently talked to a lawyer and couple of people from forums who suggested that I was supposed to submit my ex's ID or passport in order to be eligible for ROR. I didn't send his ID/passport, he would never give it to me. I am so confused and worried now.

Is there anyone who has recently applied for ROR and successfully retained their rights? Please inform me!

Thank you in advance for your help!

Yes HO want to see EEA nationals ID/passport if RC not issued previously.
No HO don't want to see EEA nationals ID/passport if RC issued previously.

yemco
Nigeria

Post by yemco » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:38 pm

I recently apply for ROR application without my Ex passport.there is no need to submit your Ex passport ,if HO had seen it before.

becky30
Newly Registered

Post by becky30 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:52 pm

Thank you so much for your reply. I was so worried.

Yes, they have already seen it when I applied for Residence Card. May I ask how long did it take you to get a new residence card after you submit your ROR application?

Many Thanks,

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:58 pm

becky30 wrote:Thank you so much for your reply. I was so worried.

Yes, they have already seen it when I applied for Residence Card. May I ask how long did it take you to get a new residence card after you submit your ROR application?

Many Thanks,
It depends on your proofs having retained rights of residence.

becky30
Newly Registered

Post by becky30 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:56 pm

You are right. I have submitted all compulsary documents as well as supporting documents. Let's see and wait...

Many Thanks,

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:14 pm

becky30 wrote:You are right. I have submitted all compulsary documents as well as supporting documents. Let's see and wait...

Many Thanks,
Including your Ex family member treaty right during divorce providing ?
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

becky30
Newly Registered

Post by becky30 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:00 pm

Yes, I have. He has always worked in the same place. I think it might be an advantage. I have also submitted his P60's (covering 4 years), payslips, employer letter and bank statements. Some utility bills on his and my name also my employment documents etc.