ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contract not signed by 1 partner

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

logicalkhan
Newly Registered

Contract not signed by 1 partner

Post by logicalkhan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:34 pm

Good day Every body,
I have got a refusal based on the contract signed by my team mate but not by me. It looks like one of the the UKBA requirement has not been met here. Any one kind enough to suggest me how to argue on this point in court? Please give me some of your precious time and express your opinions. [/b]

logicalkhan
Newly Registered

Post by logicalkhan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:58 pm

Sushmehta, vinney , kickass or Rehan!!!!

Please share your thoughts, I am sure you must have come across with such an issue before, please show some kindness as usual and shed some thoughtful light on it.

entrepreneur123

Re: Contract not signed by 1 partner

Post by entrepreneur123 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:46 pm

a contract can be signed by any director of the company.
logicalkhan wrote:Good day Every body,
I have got a refusal based on the contract signed by my team mate but not by me. It looks like one of the the UKBA requirement has not been met here. Any one kind enough to suggest me how to argue on this point in court? Please give me some of your precious time and express your opinions. [/b]

logicalkhan
Newly Registered

Post by logicalkhan » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:13 pm

Thanks Entrepreneur123,
But a solicitor told me that although you can apply as a team but both the team member's applications are dealt individually therefore the contract should be duly signed by both member so that case worker can deal with the application of their respective applicant and therefore also look for his/her sign as well.

Could you please elaborate a bit more, what should be my arguments if I or HO representative refer to policy guidelines.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Re: Contract not signed by 1 partner

Post by rehan01 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:04 pm

have you submitted the photocopy or original contract with your initial application?

regards

logicalkhan wrote:Good day Every body,

addianup
Newly Registered

Contract paper was not signed by me.

Post by addianup » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:52 am

Hello everyone,
I have the same case as you the contract was not signed by me and it was signed by my partner who applied together for the tier1 entrepreneur visa and case is on judicial review as I do not get the right of appeal because I have still the visa remaining.
The ukba policy guidance says that there should name appear on contract paper for the applicant but they did not mentioned that each and every applicant for the tier1 entrepreneur should sign the contract paper.
A business contract can be signed by any director who own the company even a business administrator could sugn the contract paper.
Please let me know with an expert advise how can I deal with the situation.
Pleas let me know.

mkd1234

Post by mkd1234 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:39 am

Thanks rehan and adianup for your reply,

@rehan,
As for I know me and my partner have submitted an origional contract to our solicitor. But the refusal letter doesn't say if a copy or origional has been submitted, it only
Says that the contract has not been signdd by me however it is signed by my team member. Had it been the copy the whould have been different I.e each and every page needed to be signed in that case.

@adianup,
Yeh I have seen the same thing as u said in the policy guidance, it clearly says about signing each and every page of the contract if its a photocopy but doesn't say clearly about signing by both directors is compulsory if it is original. Have you noticed in the forum, some appicants have thier refasal say" The contract has not been signed by both the parties" now the "parties" here means both the companies. Have you heard about the word "authorised signatory", it is when firm allow some one in the to negotiate a contract in sign on company's behalf. Like if a company has 10 directors how come they all have to visit another country to finalize a contract over there leaving behind the company's affairs only to other management. It is in no way look compulsory not atleast in the real world.

mkd1234

Post by mkd1234 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:20 am

Sorry if I have confused u actually logical khan and mkd1234, both are my ids......as I had forgot the password for mkd1234 thats y I made another one.
Last edited by mkd1234 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

samz98

Post by samz98 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:29 am

My visa has been refused on same reason that contract wasnt signed. As far as i know one person (back in this forum) has got appeal allowed and his objection was same that he forget to send contract with the application.

mkd1234

Post by mkd1234 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:56 am

Well....God knows how they assess our application? Like in the case of Rehan when they didn 't find any thing they become frustrated and just refused his visa by going against their own policy guidance. So whats strange if we had even signed it still they would have refused it anyway. By the way do u remember that applicant on the forum whose appeal was allowed?