ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Registration for kid

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Registration for kid

Post by 2321 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:57 am

Hi recently i got approval for citizenship and ceremony in Nov.
Can i make registration application for my child born in India on basis of just approval letter? or do i need to wait for my naturalisation certificate.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:04 am

Assuming the other parent holds ILR and that the child meets the requirentments, then the approval letter should be enough. If you have applied together, your approval has been enough to grant the child BC.

Post by 2321 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:15 am

Jambo wrote:Assuming the other parent holds ILR and that the child meets the requirentments, then the approval letter should be enough. If you have applied together, your approval has been enough to grant the child BC.
Thanks Jambo for your reply.
Both parents got citizenship approval letters and kid holds Ilr for more than a year but couple of months short of residence requirement.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:28 pm

Any particular reason (apart from spreading the costs) he didn't apply together with you?

Residential requirement? How old is the child? See Q2 in Citizenship FAQs - Common Questions - Read before posting - children.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:25 pm

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.