ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success 03- Oct -2013 @ Sheffield

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talktojeo
Newly Registered

ILR Success 03- Oct -2013 @ Sheffield

Post by talktojeo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:20 pm

Hi All,

First of all, BIG Thanks to everyone on this forum - All Guru's/Seniors especially Amber and Vinny who helped me a lot.

I got my ILR on 03rd everything was straight forward I was on Tier 1 and extended it last year, this year applied for ILR and got it. Sheffield guys were really helpful, the case worker started looking into my case at 11.00 AM and I got ILR approved at 11:45.

Documents provided :

- Set(O) form
- Passport and Bio Metric cards / Photos
- Original last 12 months payslips
- Employment Letter
- Original last 12 months bank statements
- Life in the UK test certificate (mine and wife’s)
- Cohab documents (4 bank statement 4 months apart spread over last 2 years, 4 water bill, spread over 2 years)
- Self assessment form

Paid online, initially asked me to provide all documents (they didn't ask me for anything particular) I given them those and after 30 minutes case worked introduced and said this seems to be straight forward and might call me shortly. After 20 minutes asked if I have the photo copy given all came back with ILR approved :D

TIPS
------
1) Never give unnecessary documents, give minimal, they will ask if they need. Make sure you wait in the office itself incase if they need something.
2) Even though your appointment is late sometime they will let you in early (which was my case). When I went in there were people around however when the counter opened we queued up and I got the first token because I was sitting near the window and they called me first.

Got my BRP card today, on that it says it is valid till 2023 - not sure whether I need to make an application after that? Seniors please comment

Anyway overall it was a great experience and this forum helped me a lot thanks again !!

Best wishes for all awaiting ILR :)

Cheers,
Joseph

ISingh2008

Re: ILR Success 03- Oct -2013 @ Sheffield

Post by ISingh2008 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:06 pm

talktojeo wrote:Hi All,

First of all, BIG Thanks to everyone on this forum - All Guru's/Seniors especially Amber and Vinny who helped me a lot.

I got my ILR on 03rd everything was straight forward I was on Tier 1 and extended it last year, this year applied for ILR and got it. Sheffield guys were really helpful, the case worker started looking into my case at 11.00 AM and I got ILR approved at 11:45.

Documents provided :

- Set(O) form
- Passport and Bio Metric cards / Photos
- Original last 12 months payslips
- Employment Letter
- Original last 12 months bank statements
- Life in the UK test certificate (mine and wife’s)
- Cohab documents (4 bank statement 4 months apart spread over last 2 years, 4 water bill, spread over 2 years)
- Self assessment form

Paid online, initially asked me to provide all documents (they didn't ask me for anything particular) I given them those and after 30 minutes case worked introduced and said this seems to be straight forward and might call me shortly. After 20 minutes asked if I have the photo copy given all came back with ILR approved :D

TIPS
------
1) Never give unnecessary documents, give minimal, they will ask if they need. Make sure you wait in the office itself incase if they need something.
2) Even though your appointment is late sometime they will let you in early (which was my case). When I went in there were people around however when the counter opened we queued up and I got the first token because I was sitting near the window and they called me first.

Got my BRP card today, on that it says it is valid till 2023 - not sure whether I need to make an application after that? Seniors please comment

Anyway overall it was a great experience and this forum helped me a lot thanks again !!

Best wishes for all awaiting ILR :)

Cheers,
Joseph
Hi Joseph,
Congrats for your ILR..
I am also applying for ILR completing 5 years under HSMP+Tier 1 (G) in a few days time. I'v been employed all this time...
Can you please tell me if we need to fill section 5.6 for home and finances??
Or is this section only for people on maternity, paternity or adoption leave ?

I shall appreciate your response on this..

Thanks

talktojeo
Newly Registered

Post by talktojeo » Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:41 pm

Yes that is correct, I did'nt fill those section i skipped and moved to section 6.

Mas2012
Newly Registered

Post by Mas2012 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:21 am

Hi Joseph

Congratulations,
Could I ask you when did you book your appointment? I will become eligible through Tier 2 by middle of December and I would like to apply in person from Sheffield, I am not sure from when I should start the application and booking appointment, can you please advise me based on your own experience.
Many thanks
Mas