ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invitation letter received late...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

canuck88
Newly Registered

Invitation letter received late...

Post by canuck88 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:16 pm

I applied for my citizenship in July - and was told it would take 3-6 months so was not expecting any news for a while. Today (Oct 10) I received a letter dated Aug 30th inviting me for the citizenship ceremony and to respond within 21 days - which I have clearly missed!!! THANK YOU ROYAL MAIL!!Is it too late? I have searched online and it says you have 3 months from the date of issue of the letter to arrange your ceremony - however the letter says 21 days so I'm very confused...I will have to wait until tomorrow to find out more when I call them but was wondering if anyone here had any insight into this so I can actually get a good nights sleep!!!

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:48 pm

its 3 months in which you have to attend the ceremony. You contact council tomorrow and book the ceremony.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:39 am

It is indeed 3 months time you have before you can attend the ceremony.

But I too still wonder why the mention of 21 days in the invite letter, what could be the purpose of that time line ?