ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Guru Advice Me On This....

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bankyk1
Newly Registered

Please Guru Advice Me On This....

Post by bankyk1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Thanks for all you support and advice you have given me but i need your help on this.

I got my ILR that was July so i'm trying to applying for my naturalization so i just have two question to ask cause i have to submit it before 28th october.

1) is it advisable to wait 1 year before applying for my naturalization or i can apply straight away without waiting 1 year?

2) i can apply through post office or i have to apply through the council at my borough?

please advice.. Thanks

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Re: Please Guru Advice Me On This....

Post by zubbshah » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:24 pm

If u've got ur ilr ij july 2013 then u can apply after 1 yr..which wud be in july 2014....

nd u can apply thru post office which means sending ur originals or via NCS thur a council.

quote="bankyk1"]Thanks for all you support and advice you have given me but i need your help on this.

I got my ILR that was July so i'm trying to applying for my naturalization so i just have two question to ask cause i have to submit it before 28th october.

1) is it advisable to wait 1 year before applying for my naturalization or i can apply straight away without waiting 1 year?

2) i can apply through post office or i have to apply through the council at my borough?

please advice.. Thanks
[/quote]

zubbshah
Mood:
India

Re: Please Guru Advice Me On This....

Post by zubbshah » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:25 pm

If u've got ur ilr ij july 2013 then u can apply after 1 yr..which wud be in july 2014....

nd u can apply thru post office which means sending ur originals or via NCS thur a council.

quote="bankyk1"]Thanks for all you support and advice you have given me but i need your help on this.

please advice.. Thanks
[/quote]

bankyk1
Newly Registered

Post by bankyk1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:43 pm

So i can't apply immediately i have to wait 1 year before applying... thanks zubbshah. was thinking i can apply straight away since have gotten my ILR just have to wait one year now.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:52 pm

Are you the spouse of a British Citizen? If so, you do not have to wait, rather you just have to be resident in the UK for 3 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

bankyk1
Newly Registered

Post by bankyk1 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:14 pm

yes i'm the spouse of the BC and have been here since the past 3year... thank you so much Guru r are the best, so i have to start calling the NCS to get an appointment for next week i pray i see one. Thanks again Guru.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:34 pm

You can send it yourself and use certified copies to keep documents if you can't get an appointment. Just make sure you were physically present in the UK 3 years before the Home office receive your application.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

shahfor

Certified copies

Post by shahfor » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:26 pm

D4109125 wrote:You can send it yourself and use certified copies to keep documents if you can't get an appointment. Just make sure you were physically present in the UK 3 years before the Home office receive your application.
How can one provide certified copies for HO?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:39 pm

By using a solicitor or notary public and asking them to certify the copies.

bankyk1
Newly Registered

Post by bankyk1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:07 am

hello Guru i did not see any space for the national checking services in london all the borough i called said they are fully book till next month.. so i have to send it through post office all my original document.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:09 am

D4109125 wrote:By using a solicitor or notary public and asking them to certify the copies.
It should cost less than the NCS to get certified copies of your documents so you can keep them.

bankyk1
Newly Registered

Post by bankyk1 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:25 am

thanks guru i will do just that as soon as next week. thanks for your help