ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we get PLAB extension while in UK on PLAB visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Can we get PLAB extension while in UK on PLAB visa?

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Dear,
If anyone please help my Frd is in UK on 6 month plab visa(means for taking test)by some reasons she failed to attend test so now a new date booked and she want to apply extensions as per 75D as guideliness says she can get till 18th month extensions for test?But we are not sure if Anyone plz help that can she apply extension while in uk?Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:46 pm

UKBA wrote:75D. The requirements for an extension of stay in the United Kingdom in order to take the PLAB Test are that the applicant:

(i) was given leave to enter the United Kingdom for the purposes of taking the PLAB Test in accordance with paragraph 75B of these Rules; and

(ii) intends to take the PLAB Test and can provide documentary evidence of a confirmed test date, by way of a letter or email from the General Medical Council or a test admission card; and

(iii) meets the requirements set out in paragraph 41 (iii)-(vii); and

(iv) intends to leave the United Kingdom at the end of the leave granted under this paragraph unless he is successful in the PLAB Test and granted leave to remain to undertake a clinical attachment in accordance with paragraphs 75G to 75M of these Rules; and

(v) would not as a result of an extension of stay spend more than 18 months in the United Kingdom for the purpose of taking the PLAB Test; and

(vi) must not be in the UK in breach of immigration laws except that any period of overstaying for a period of 28 days or less will be disregarded.

Extension of stay to take the PLAB Test

75E. A person seeking leave to remain in the United Kingdom to take the PLAB Test may be granted an extension of stay for a period not exceeding 6 months, subject to a condition prohibiting employment, study and recourse to public funds, provided the Secretary of State is satisfied that each of the requirements of paragraph 75D is met.

Refusal of extension of stay to take the PLAB Test

75F. Leave to remain in the United Kingdom to take the PLAB Test is to be refused if the Secretary of State is not satisfied that each of the requirements of paragraph 75D is met.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:40 pm

Dear that one I have read but still not sure?if u can explain a bit please

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:40 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Dear that one I have read but still not sure?if u can explain a bit please
Show it to your friend if he/she has already got the visa they will understand what this means.

In simple terms if the person has proof of next Plab test in the next 6 months and has not breached immigration rules and can look after self in the UK then should be no problem. Also Must not work in the UK or attend a course.
pennyless