ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nationalty Checking Service and English Lang. Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

timarli

Nationalty Checking Service and English Lang. Requirement

Post by timarli » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Hi,

Do you know if the date of nationality checking service appointment is considered as the application date for naturalisation? How does it work?

Another question is regarding the English Language requirement. I have an overseas degree taught in English. On UKBA Webpage it says if you can find your degree on the points based calculator this means your degree;

is at or above the level of a UK bachelor's degree; and
was taught to a competent standard of English equivalent to level A1 on the CEFR.
(http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... hlanguage/)

I can find my degree on the Points-based calculator so, in order to meet the language requirement for naturalisation; do I setill need to get confirmation from NARIC for the level of English to see if it is B1 CEPR or ESOL 3 or whatever cr.p it is?

Because on page3 it says (
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... hip/kol-uk):

Those with an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) who provide appropriate evidence that the qualification was taught or researched in English are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the KoLL requirement and will not be
required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification. The qualification must be deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK. However, they will still be required to pass the Life in the UK test to demonstrate their knowledge of life in the UK.

Tuvoc

Re: Nationalty Checking Service and English Lang. Requiremen

Post by Tuvoc » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:34 pm

timarli wrote:Hi,
Do you know if the date of nationality checking service appointment is considered as the application date for naturalisation? How does it work?
No, I think it is the date of receipt by the Home Office, which should be the next working day.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:17 pm

Date of application received at home office is the date of application, and not the date of NCS appointment.

UK Naric confirmation is required, as well as Life in the UK pass.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:26 pm

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.