ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Old passport not cancelled

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Old passport not cancelled

Post by mtuckersa » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:21 am

I received a new British passport for my child(2 years of age) on saturday but noticed the old passport from my home country is not cancelled. Do they not cut the corners or stamp it as cancelled. Can he use his old passport, eventhough we didnt apply for dual citizenship or perhaps he gets this by default at his age?
Keep it simple!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 am

First, the UK allows dual nationality. You don't need to apply for it. Whether the other country allows it or not is something for you to check.

Second, the UK has no right to cancel another country passport. It is the property of that country.

Re: Old passport not cancelled

Post by 2321 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:48 am

mtuckersa wrote:I received a new British passport for my child(2 years of age) on saturday but noticed the old passport from my home country is not cancelled. Do they not cut the corners or stamp it as cancelled. Can he use his old passport, eventhough we didnt apply for dual citizenship or perhaps he gets this by default at his age?
which home country passport does ur child hold