ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family member PR Status and Refused visa - SOLVIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pinkpanter

EEA Family member PR Status and Refused visa - SOLVIT

Post by pinkpanter » Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi Guys, i am not sure which forum I should post this update now as the matter is now become very complicated for me. My Spanish visit visa was refused due to air ticket not provided. My full case story is stated in the below thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114831

As promise I update you regarding my case. It seems that these all EEA regualtions are useless. I have been waiting for now almost 11 month and received the following reply today from LITHUANIA SOLVIT. I copied below from my email:

Dear xxx,

I want to inform you, that SOLVIT was not able to find a solution to your case. Again, we apologize for taking such a long time. However, our position still remains that although it would certainly be preferable should all permanent residence cards contain indication that the card is issued under the Directive to a family member of an EU citizen, there is no such explicit requirement under the Directive for permanent residence cards and Member States may not refuse to accept such permanent residence cards where they know that the residence card was issued under the Directive and thus exempts the holder from the visa requirement under the Directive. Marriage certificates are typically a sufficient evidence of family ties and should be accepted in the framework of entry visa applications or residence applications.Having all the above in mind, I would suggest you address your complaint to the EU Commission. You can find the complaint for here: http://ec.europa.eu/eu_law/your_rights/ ... rms_en.htm.

SOLVIT Lithuania
Ministry of EconomyGedimino pr. 38, 01104 VilniusTel.: +370 70 664 797Fax: +370 70 664 762 @: solvit@ukmin.lt

Is there any chance for compensation now and if it is then how to start this process? I had waisted my holidays, lot of stress, and despite the complained to SOLVIT, no positive respone after 11 months...

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:50 pm

Solvit is not helpful in most of cases, my personal work out but if you got answer from them then good to present at EU your case.