ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need your Help in this Guru

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

john101
Newly Registered

Need your Help in this Guru

Post by john101 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:35 pm

just got my ILR so about to apply for my naturalization and also married to a British citizen, have live in the UK for 3 year 10month.. just saw it in the home office website you need to do the English text and have d liuk.. but have done the English test that was when i first applied for my spouse visa 2 year ago in which it has expired do i need to do another English test and i just show them my old test result. please help should i do the test or not

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:40 pm

You have until 28th October to apply under old rules. Be quick to apply you don't have much time, otherwise you will need to fulfill new english requirement.

john101
Newly Registered

Post by john101 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:31 pm

i don't mind writing the test again but what i just need to know do i have to write it since i have applied with one before.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:40 pm

If you apply before 28 Oct, LI UK should be sufficient without any further tests. but you are running low on time. apply ASAP.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

john101
Newly Registered

Post by john101 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 pm

yes i know i have no more time have called all the London council and non have an appointment till November so i don't mind applying after 28th October but what i just need to know if i have applied with the English result before can i still use the same which have expired or i need to take another one.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:20 pm

I think you have not correctly understood.

What you had done previously was Life in the UK test.

Now from 28th October you need additional B1 level english qualification in listening and speaking. This test will set you back £ 130 - £ 150.

Why not apply yourself by post before 28th and save yourself money and headache.

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:35 pm

John101,
if I were in your place I would just apply myself before 28th Oct, why bother with another test and spending more money. Its just simple application, further we are all here to help you with your application.

shahfor

Post by shahfor » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:54 pm

john101 wrote:i don't mind writing the test again but what i just need to know do i have to write it since i have applied with one before.
I think to get the exact answer we have to wait to see the new application form on 28th. Hopefully people who satisfied UKBA with language test before, just have to tick somewhere in the form and confirm that.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:13 pm

You should not have to sit any additional test if, you have a comparable degree taught in English, are from an exempt Country or satisfied a B1 EC requirement.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:30 pm

john101 wrote:yes i know i have no more time have called all the London council and non have an appointment till November so i don't mind applying after 28th October but what i just need to know if i have applied with the English result before can i still use the same which have expired or i need to take another one.
It depends on what type of test you have done for your spouse visa. If you did the A1 level ( which is the minimum for spouse visa) then you will have to do the test again. because for naturalisation you will need B1 level which is more tougher.

if you did IELTS earlier, it should be valid for 2 years.

HTH