ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Title Change

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

raykau

Job Title Change

Post by raykau » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:31 am

Hello All

I would be grateful to have some advice from the experts on this.

I am currently three months away from applying for my ILR and had recently had my Job Title Changed at work.

I am in the same team and have the same job responsibilities as I had before.

Are there any potential issues as a result of this?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks in advance

raykau

Post by raykau » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:09 pm

Just to confirm my salary level has remained approximately same.

Please can anybody help me with their thoughts on this?

Many Thanks

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:33 pm

raykau wrote:Just to confirm my salary level has remained approximately same.

Please can anybody help me with their thoughts on this?

Many Thanks
What visa are you currently on ?
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

raykau

Post by raykau » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:37 pm

Thanks for your response

I am currently on old Work Permit --

I found this link just a while back

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... sorduties/

and it states the sponsors duties to be as follows:

"if there are any significant changes in your circumstances, for example, a change of job or salary (but not job title or annual pay rise);"

So i should not need to inform the Home Office as long as my responsibilities.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:27 pm

raykau wrote:Thanks for your response

"if there are any significant changes in your circumstances, for example, a change of job or salary (but not job title or annual pay rise);"

Thanks
See this link - You will see job title change in there as well http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... oyment.pdf -

I suggest you speak with your employers and and ask them to confirm with HO just to be on the safe side. HO caseworkers can be fussy about what is on the wpermit letter/their system and what your current job letter states. The normal annual salary increases is fine I had around 4 or 5 no questions was asked about that. All the best with your application.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

wrkpmtilr
Newly Registered

Post by wrkpmtilr » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:16 am

Heisgood wrote:
raykau wrote:Thanks for your response

Thanks
See this link - You will see job title change in there as well http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... oyment.pdf -

I suggest you speak with your employers and and ask them to confirm with HO just to be on the safe side. HO caseworkers can be fussy about what is on the wpermit letter/their system and what your current job letter states. The normal annual salary increases is fine I had around 4 or 5 no questions was asked about that. All the best with your application.
I have a similar question.. Joined with the title of 'graduate engineer' and have since had a change of title to a more specific engineer type. But overall job role/work type has remained unchanged. Would this pose an issue at the PEO?

raykau

Post by raykau » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks for your reply; but does the form ask for the job title and new job title in case of significant changes in responsibilities or for all instances?

If you can advice please

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:55 am

raykau wrote:Thanks for your reply; but does the form ask for the job title and new job title in case of significant changes in responsibilities or for all instances?

If you can advice please
As indicated above it may worth getting clarification from HO /Employer to be safe. See this thread on the forum it may also help.

https://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic ... e31d7d4121

raykau

Post by raykau » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:40 pm

thanks again for the response; i have started discussion with HR but want to check myself as well.

As this changed has happened recently and i do not have enough time just wanted to ask if that is fine

this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... employment

does not mention about change of job title which makes things more confusing.

firangi

Post by firangi » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:43 pm

I had the same situation. I was on 5 years work permit from Dec 2008 and had my job title changed (more or less same responsibilities). My employer notified the UKBA using the Technical Change of Employment form clarifying the same. I received an acknowledgement from UKBA within 4 weeks (original with employer) saying it has been accepted and UKBA records updated. I enclosed that document with SET (O). MY ILR has been granted couple of weeks back.
I hope that's useful.

edmondlim
Newly Registered

Post by edmondlim » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:58 pm

hi
i had a question regarding to job title change on SOC, i was granted old work permit holder on 2009 and get ready to apply ILR on January next year. since the Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) stated minimum appropriate rates or thresholds.

would it cause any issue if the job title on SOC different on original job title on work permit?

raykau

Post by raykau » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:26 am

I have called up UKBA twice on different days stating of my situation:

1) Change of Job title
2) No change of Contract
3) No change in salary apart from annual inflation rises
4) No change in roles and responsibilities
5) Working in the same team

Both have said that I do not need to do a Technical Change of Employment.

Also my employers have contacted their Immigration advisers and they have come back with the same feedback;

I am confused about because of contradictory information everywhere.

Is there any where written on UKBA site for old work permit holders that they need not be informed for old Work permit holders; i have found on their website for current Tier 2 (G) stating change in job title and normal salary rises need not be informed but could not find anything for old Work Permit holders.

Any advice information or confirmation from the experts regarding the same will be much appreciated.

I would be grateful for a quick reply as my case is gradually becoming quite time sensitive.

Many Thanks

raykau

Post by raykau » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:54 pm

I will be extremely grateful to have form of expert feedback on this please

Thanks again

Apam

Post by Apam » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:56 pm

[quote="raykau"]I will be extremely grateful to have form of expert feedback on this please

I have just received this reply from ukba, then again it's on tier 2;

Thank you for your enquiry which has been passed to me for response. If, at the time of applying for settlement, your job title differs from that stated on your original COS application then providing your sponsor has advised us of the change and as long as it is in the same SOC code and it isn’t too significant a change then this should not be an issue.

I hope this answers your question, should you require anything further then let us know

Regards

Jennifer Mckenna | Work Operational Policy | Operational Systems Management | Strategy and Assurance Group | Home Office | Level 5, Vulcan House(S), Sheffield S3 8NU | website: www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk | E: workoperationalpolicy@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

I will suggest that if you're not sure, just email ukba and keep their reply as your evidence for those on work permit.

raykau

Post by raykau » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Thanks for sharing this information.

How long did it take you to get a response from them?

I have called them up a 3 times on 3 different days to validate and each time i have been adviced that for old work permit holder as long as i am working in the same company with the same roles and responsibilities the change of job title need not be informed to the UKBA; but will be good to have something in writing. that is why I have left them with an email.

If any expert in the forum could share their views with previous experiences this will be much appreciated as well.

thanks in advance.

Apam

Post by Apam » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:19 pm

It took me about 2 weeks to get this reply.