ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application for my wife

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mkaleem
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application for my wife

Post by mkaleem » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Hi,

I am getting my British citizenship certificate on friday 25th Oct. And I want to apply for my wife naturalisation same day to avoid english language requirement. I will get my certificate at 2pm. Even If I get it delivered by same day it won't be delivered by 5pm. courier are giving me 7pm delivery time.

does any one know that will UKBA accept my application at 7pm?

A quick response is highly appreciable.

thanks

kaleem

neoseal
Member of Standing

Post by neoseal » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Highly unlikely. You may want to call and ask them if they have any plans to accommodate the gush of application on Friday.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation application for my wife

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:41 pm

mkaleem wrote:Hi,

I am getting my British citizenship certificate on friday 25th Oct. And I want to apply for my wife naturalisation same day to avoid english language requirement. I will get my certificate at 2pm. Even If I get it delivered by same day it won't be delivered by 5pm. courier are giving me 7pm delivery time.

does any one know that will UKBA accept my application at 7pm?

A quick response is highly appreciable.

thanks

kaleem
When you say 2pm is that your appointment time, if thats so then you should give about 2 hrs buffer time before you are out of the ceremony and then update your application form.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:45 pm

If you post it on Friday it's all ready too late under normal delivery, you would have to post it on Thursday to count I'm afraid:
UKBA wrote:For an application for citizenship to be considered under the pre 28 October requirements, the application will need to be received by UK Visas & Immigration by Friday 25 October 2013 (the last working day before the change). We do not receive a postal delivery on Saturday or Sunday.
Does your spouse have a degree taught in English?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mkaleem
Newly Registered

Post by mkaleem » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:11 am

I have changed my ceremony day. Today I will get my citizenship certificate and just after that I will post my wife's applicattion..

thanks guys for your help.

kaleem