ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OCI Application by Post to HCI, London - Status URGENT!

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vijayg

OCI Application by Post to HCI, London - Status URGENT!

Post by vijayg » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:36 pm

OCI Application by Post to HCI, London - Status Enquiry URGENT!

Hi,

I had applied for OCI Application for my family (myself, wife and baby) by Post on 19th Sep 2013. In two weeks HCI London, returned the pack by Post stating that the thumb impression of my baby was not below the photgraph in my Child's Application Form.

I then got the thumb impression and re-sent by Post on 15-Oct-2013. But this time, I included all 3 British Passports of ours as well, along with the Application Forms and other Supporting Documents as per, "BY POST" paragraph mentioned in "Collection Procedure" section in the link - http://www.hcilondon.in/oci.html.
(May be I misunderstood and sent the British Passports by mistake).

When I check the status online, by entering the UK Passpot Number (of all 3 of us) and and Online Reg Number - GBRLNXXXXXXX in https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury?xyzallow link, it always says "No Such Record Found".

I am now worried coz, I am travelling to India on 3rd week of December 2013 for 3 weeks.

Is there anyway, I can contact HCI London over phone? (I guess they do not have any phone number option to contact. If at all they have, their service will be unfriendly and terrible).

In this case, if I goto the HCI London in person and ask for the status and request that I need it urgently as I am travelling to India, will that help to expedite the process.

Please let me know.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
VJ

VR

That website is bonkers

Post by VR » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:03 am

I was playing with it to get familiar with the process.In one instance I saved and exited and when I came back and put in the reference number GB......it gave me the same message.

Then I shutdown the Laptop and came back and was able to re-query the form. Maybe you may want to give this a go.
cheers
vr

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:04 am

Hi VR,

Thank you very much for your response.

I did try the same on my Laptop, Desktop and Mobile as well after restarting them but I am still getting the message as "No such record found".

My main worry is, I have sent the Passports as well. Will this be a problem or cause any delay in the process?

Thanks.

VJ

eashkuma4
India

OCI

Post by eashkuma4 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:11 am

I think the link is incorrect, please try this one

https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury

also, remember to enter your British Passport Number and in case if you dont know your OCI application reference, please use the below link to retrieve it

https://passport.gov.in/oci/forgotRegis

Answering to your question, your Passports will be safe, you don't need to worry about it, HCI will take care to keep them safe or return them back

Send an email to their OCI section stating the same issue, they will reply to emails which have a genuine enquiry and in your case Yes. They normally won't reply emails asking for any info which is on the site.

xyz123

Re: OCI

Post by xyz123 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:42 am

eashkuma4 wrote:I think the link is incorrect, please try this one

https://passport.gov.in/oci/statusEnqury

also, remember to enter your British Passport Number and in case if you dont know your OCI application reference, please use the below link to retrieve it

https://passport.gov.in/oci/forgotRegis

Answering to your question, your Passports will be safe, you don't need to worry about it, HCI will take care to keep them safe or return them back

Send an email to their OCI section stating the same issue, they will reply to emails which have a genuine enquiry and in your case Yes. They normally won't reply emails asking for any info which is on the site.
what is the email address for OCI? last email i sent, bounced back.

vijayg

Thank you eashkuma4

Post by vijayg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi eashkuma4,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I did try using the new link that you had provided but still no luck :( I still get the message "No Records Found"

I did try calling them today on 020 7632 3072 /020 7836 8484 (as given in their website (http://www.hcilondon.in/officerofhci.html).

After selecting the right option for OCI Enquiries on their useless IVRS and after having waited in the call for more than 20 mins without any response, I have sent a detailed mail to them today (25-Oct-2013) explaining the issue.

Fingers crossed x :evil:

Thanks.
VJ

vijayg

OCI Enquiries is - ss.oci@hcilondon.in

Post by vijayg » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi xyz123,

The email ID for OCI Enquiries is - ss.oci@hcilondon.in

The phone numbers and email addresses are found in the link below:

http://www.hcilondon.in/officerofhci.html

Good luck my friend!

VJ

ban.s

Re: Thank you eashkuma4

Post by ban.s » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:31 pm

vijayg wrote:I did try using the new link that you had provided but still no luck :( I still get the message "No Records Found"
Acknowledgement of postal applications normally take upto 4 weeks from the date of receipt and until then you won't find any record online.

Seedy
Newly Registered

Post by Seedy » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:09 am

Although you should NOT have sent the passports you still have time left.

If you dont hear anything by mid November I suggest you go down to HCI London and sort it out personally. You will not have much joy via phone!

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:05 am

All,

After writing the issue in the email to OCI section like a big story I have received just a one line reply from them stating "Pl check online only" :(

Hi ban.s and Seedy, thank you very much for the response. I will wait till mid-November and goto HCI London in person to sort out the issue.

Many thanks

VG

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:23 pm

Try putting your GBRLXXX in File no instead of online no

vijayg

Post by vijayg » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:15 pm

destiniation_london wrote:Try putting your GBRLXXX in File no instead of online no
Hi destiniation_london,

I tried entering on both fields but I still get the same message - "No such record found" :(

barker

Re: OCI Application by Post to HCI, London - Status URGENT!

Post by barker » Fri May 09, 2014 9:42 am

After a fe weeks it switches to the British passport. So try entering your British passport number instead of your Indian passport number and it should work

k.abhilash
Newly Registered

Post by k.abhilash » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:52 pm

I have made application for oci any one knows what does this means.
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 15-DEC-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received At BIRMINGHAM On
Does this ON means my application is back at the birmingham consulate. I dont know why can't they make it easy to understand. Can any one please help me.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:58 pm

k.abhilash wrote:I have made application for oci any one knows what does this means.
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 15-DEC-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received At BIRMINGHAM On
Does this ON means my application is back at the birmingham consulate. I dont know why can't they make it easy to understand. Can any one please help me.
Documents just got printed today. It will need to dispatched and received here. You'll need to wait for few more days until a date appears against 'received at B'ham on'.