ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Tier 2 change job (had tier 1 psw before), need RLMT ?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route
ccl1025
Newly Registered

Tier 2 change job (had tier 1 psw before), need RLMT ?

Post by ccl1025 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:56 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding changing employment under tier 2 general. I was on Tier 1 post study worker visa and I switched my visa to tier 2 general with my current employer this April. However, if I have to change a job to other employer (who is willing to sponsor my tier 2 visa), do they need to do RLMT?

P.S. MY Tier 1 PSW was Dec 2011 - Dec 2013, and I applied my current Tier 2 April, 2013, so I got new Tier 2 from April, 2013- 2016. UKBA didn't destroy my old BRP, they sent it back to me.

PS2. I have to change employer because my company isn't doing well and they made some redundancies, including me... :( If I know I will be made by redundant, I would't switch my tier 1 to tier 2 early this year!!

The info below is what I found on UKBA, but I am not too sure about what "last granted" mean? I am now at Tier 2, but before this Tier 2, I had Tier 1 Post study worker, does it count?

290. You do not have to conduct a resident labour market test if a migrant you want to sponsor is applying for Tier 2 (General) leave in the UK and has, or was last granted leave to enter, or to stay in the UK under:
a) Tier 1 (Post-study work); or
b) Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur); or
c) the International Graduates Scheme; or
d) the Fresh Talent Working in Scotland Scheme; or e) the Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme;

It would be really helpful if you can give me some advices. thank you!

ayesha.aykhan

Post by ayesha.aykhan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:31 pm

Hi,
i am in same boat please let me know if you find any answer.
Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:10 am

"last granted" means what it says - you were last granted T2 leave, not T1 PSW, therefore this exemption does not apply to you.

The RLMT will have to be completed by the new sponsor before they can assign the CoS unless the job is on the shortage occupation list or you will be a "high earner".

ayesha.aykhan

Post by ayesha.aykhan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:33 pm

thank you