ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusing english requirment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

M2008

Confusing english requirment

Post by M2008 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:17 pm

I think we need take both Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment from UK NARIC or Give test at B1 level?

Any comments?

Extract from AN1 form
I have obtained an academic qualification deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor's or Master's degree or PhD in the United Kingdom and [ Tick Box ]

(i) UK NARIC has confirmed that the qualification was taught or reaearched in english; or [ Tick Box ]
(ii) the qualification was taught or reaearched in the UK or a majority English speaking country (other than Canada); [ Tick Box ]

What is the difference between a Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment?

The UK NARIC Statement of Comparability is an officially recognised document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in the UK, irrespective of it being an academic, vocational or professional award. It does not contain any information on the medium of instruction.

The English Language Assessment assesses whether an individual's English language proficiency is equivalent to CEFR level C1, based on completion of an English language test or academic qualifications taught in English. This service comments only on English proficiency and does not include information on the comparable level of the award

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Re: Confusing english requirment

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:32 pm

M2008 wrote:

What is the difference between a Statement of Comparability and English Language Assessment?
The answer to your question is in your question itself. I will just copy.

The UK NARIC Statement of Comparability is an officially recognised document that confirms the recognition of an overseas qualification and its comparable level in the UK, irrespective of it being an academic, vocational or professional award. It does not contain any information on the medium of instruction.

The English Language Assessment assesses whether an individual's English language proficiency is equivalent to CEFR level C1, based on completion of an English language test or academic qualifications taught in English. This service comments only on English proficiency and does not include information on the comparable level of the award

M2008

Post by M2008 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:44 pm

I know that..It is a FAQ from NARIC..Just is it money making, since we need order 2 different cert