ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Utility Bills - Advice Required Plzz

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

muhammadaliabad
BANNED

Utility Bills - Advice Required Plzz

Post by muhammadaliabad » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:13 pm

Hello Guru and All Forum Members,

I am about to apply Entrepreneur Visa, gathering documents these days. Could you please advice on following issue;

I am thinking to submit monthly landline bill as part of my application, but the problem is landline number contract is not registered on business name. Landline contract is on my own name (director name).

Should I submit my landline bill as part of application?

Just to inform you that I am using same landline number for the business correspondence as well.

Regards,

Muhammadaliabad

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: Utility Bills - Advice Required Plzz

Post by KickAss » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:01 am

1) Land line bill is not a required document in the T1E application.
(Correct me if it has changed in new application guide.)

2) Using a resource for both business/personal use is a grey area pertaining to legitimate expenses. Usually it is recommended that in case a portion of a service is used for business than that portion can be claimed.
Hence, if you are using lets say 50% of the calls from landline for business use than it make sense to show 50% as business expense.

Regardless of that, Why are you trying to show land-line phone as expense ?

If you are thinking that showing business expense will help in expressing that you are actively involved in business, then it might be true, but certainly showing home Landline will not be a good idea....

muhammadaliabad wrote:Hello Guru and All Forum Members,

I am about to apply Entrepreneur Visa, gathering documents these days. Could you please advice on following issue;

I am thinking to submit monthly landline bill as part of my application, but the problem is landline number contract is not registered on business name. Landline contract is on my own name (director name).

Should I submit my landline bill as part of application?

Just to inform you that I am using same landline number for the business correspondence as well.

Regards,

Muhammadaliabad
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Utility Bills - Advice Required Plzz

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Agreed with Kickass, better not to submit the landline bill at all as its not a requirement and its also questionable.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

muhammadaliabad
BANNED

Post by muhammadaliabad » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:39 pm

@ KickAss,
@ Olasunkanmi

Thanks for the reply. I will not submit my personal landline bill as part of this entrepreneur application.

Yes, my point was to show business activity but it's a grey area. Therefore, its better to avoid and its not even part of the requirement.

Regards;

Muhammad

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:56 pm

muhammadaliabad wrote:@ KickAss,
@ Olasunkanmi

Thanks for the reply. I will not submit my personal landline bill as part of this entrepreneur application.

Yes, my point was to show business activity but it's a grey area. Therefore, its better to avoid and its not even part of the requirement.

Regards;

Muhammad
Perfect!
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

smartmind101

suggestion..

Post by smartmind101 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:49 pm

My opinion is same as kickass....don't submit your landline bill... ;-))
LIVE LIFE....KING SIZE !!