ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

physical processing time!!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

desertlord

physical processing time!!

Post by desertlord » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:47 pm

Aside from taking the fees and all side tasks, can gurus shed some light on how long does it actually take case worker yo process application.
My fees have been taken some time now and I learnt that my application is not even on the system yet! And just sat there awaiting processing!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:51 pm

I would imagine it doesn't take more than 1 hour. However, there is a backlog and background checks that need to be performed before the caseworker reviews the application.

desertlord

Post by desertlord » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Ok. Thanks for your reply. Does this mean after fees has been taken. And before my application appears in system, the are actually running the background checks? . It feels better to know that something is being done with my application rather than lying there on someone's desk!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:54 pm

No idea. But I would imagine it gets into the system as the fee is taken. The call centre people have very limited visibily to the actual process. I would not trust their status report.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:31 am

I would imagine once the application is submitted you are in a queue. If priority service is available and you didn't opt for that then the queue is even longer. Once they get round to your application it could be a day or weeks to complete their checks depending on what they wish to explore further...

rod_p

Post by rod_p » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:06 am

Clearly UKBA deliberately provides false / ambiguous info from citizenship queries. One day applicants will stop asking until they are entitled to ( after 6 months ) and the process will speed up for everybody. FOA info has stated UKBA staff working on the applications are trained across a variety of jobs and are moved in / out of teams as per requirements / availability. Help free up those answering queries in order that they may process applications!

Put your mind on other things and expect an answer in 6 months - your stress level will only decrease! If you do this, you have a 95% chance of receiving an "early" surprise in the form of an approval letter from UKBA.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:39 am

rod_p wrote:Clearly UKBA deliberately provides false / ambiguous info from citizenship queries. One day applicants will stop asking until they are entitled to ( after 6 months ) and the process will speed up for everybody. FOA info has stated UKBA staff working on the applications are trained across a variety of jobs and are moved in / out of teams as per requirements / availability. Help free up those answering queries in order that they may process applications!

Put your mind on other things and expect an answer in 6 months - your stress level will only decrease! If you do this, you have a 95% chance of receiving an "early" surprise in the form of an approval letter from UKBA.
Agreed. Patience is the key. HO clearly states that their ETA is “95% of applications completed in 6mths” Yet people are stressing after 1mth and some after 1 week! The more people call, email, and chase them the longer for everyone. What if the policy moves from 6mths to 1-2 years due to people impatience? Keep calm and carry on. If you are of good character, pay your taxes and meet all the requirements sooner or later you will be celebrating. IMO the anxiety and stress isn’t worth it not even to become British…
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |