ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN application posted - no reply yet

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

irfanb00

AN application posted - no reply yet

Post by irfanb00 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:34 am

Dear forum,

I posted my AN application along with original documents via secure royal mail track and trace service to UKBA on 23th October 2013. Track n trace showed that they recieved it on 24th October 2013. It has been almost 9 working days and I havent received any acknowledgement from HO that they have recieved my documents and the case is opened. Even the fees have not been taken out of my account.

Is it too early to be worried or should I give it some more days before I contact them?

Thanks

Heisgood

Re: AN application posted - no reply yet

Post by Heisgood » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:47 am

irfanb00 wrote:Dear forum,

I posted my AN application along with original documents via secure royal mail track and trace service to UKBA on 23th October 2013. Track n trace showed that they recieved it on 24th October 2013. It has been almost 9 working days and I havent received any acknowledgement from HO that they have recieved my documents and the case is opened. Even the fees have not been taken out of my account.

Is it too early to be worried or should I give it some more days before I contact them?

Thanks
Their ETA is 6mths so this is early days, some people still have no payment taken and no acknowledgement after 1mth. Keep calm and carry on. See the October timeline on the forum http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ralisation
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

skymoon

Post by skymoon » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:03 pm

Don't worry and you will get acknowledgement soon. UKBA said in busy time it will take 4 to 6 weeks. Good Luck!

sofiathomas1
Newly Registered

Post by sofiathomas1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:48 pm

Hi Irfanb00

I was worried too as I posted my app in August via recorded mail lost my receipt and was worried I could not trace my application. I called the HO info dep last month as I had not yet received my acknowledgement letter and they confirmed my docs were logged in. Till today, 3 months since I sent in my application not a word from them. No acknowledgement letter nothing. I contacted my MP and not a word from the HO so you are not alone. It is frustrating as all I want is my acknowledgement letter as I am aware that the application process takes time. All you can do is remain positive and hang in there!!!!! Good Luck with your app x

irfanb00

Re: AN application posted - no reply yet

Post by irfanb00 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:56 pm

Heisgood wrote:
irfanb00 wrote:Dear forum,

Thanks
Their ETA is 6mths so this is early days, some people still have no payment taken and no acknowledgement after 1mth. Keep calm and carry on. See the October timeline on the forum http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ralisation
Thanks

irfanb00

Post by irfanb00 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:14 pm

sofiathomas1 wrote:Hi Irfanb00

I was worried too as I posted my app in August via recorded mail lost my receipt and was worried I could not trace my application. I called the HO info dep last month as I had not yet received my acknowledgement letter and they confirmed my docs were logged in. Till today, 3 months since I sent in my application not a word from them. No acknowledgement letter nothing. I contacted my MP and not a word from the HO so you are not alone. It is frustrating as all I want is my acknowledgement letter as I am aware that the application process takes time. All you can do is remain positive and hang in there!!!!! Good Luck with your app x
It is a worrying situation as you can imagine how important they are - second most after your life.

Anyhow, as you said - lets stay positive and hope for the best.