ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport Application Discussion from Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

maya26
Newly Registered

Post by maya26 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:11 pm

I just want to find out if its normal to get one of the passport pictures returned with the original documents,My passport and naturalisation certificate were delivered today and the passport picture that was countersigned was inside my passport,Is this normal.My interview is on wed,30 october.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:42 pm

maya26 wrote:I just want to find out if its normal to get one of the passport pictures returned with the original documents,My passport and naturalisation certificate were delivered today and the passport picture that was countersigned was inside my passport,Is this normal.My interview is on wed,30 october.
I'd give them a call and ask

akhurshid

Post by akhurshid » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:36 am

maya26 wrote:I just want to find out if its normal to get one of the passport pictures returned with the original documents,My passport and naturalisation certificate were delivered today and the passport picture that was countersigned was inside my passport,Is this normal.My interview is on wed,30 october.
I applied for my daughter's passport and got it last week. The picture signed by referee was returned along with documents. I received her British Passport same day as well.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:57 pm

akhurshid wrote:
I applied for my daughter's passport and got it last week. The picture signed by referee was returned along with documents. I received her British Passport same day as well.
so that's the answer; receiving the picture back is normal.
Last edited by Derivaz on Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maya26
Newly Registered

Post by maya26 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:39 pm

Thanks for that information,am releaved now,hoping the interview goes well tomorrow.

tar123zan
Newly Registered

Post by tar123zan » Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:57 pm

In my first application form that I filled online (waited a week to be delivered) before I signed the document I gave it to my countersignatory to sign. After he signed, I signed the document but I went out of the box with a mm. I filled another form signed and took it to my countersignatory who lives in another town. This time he went out of the box. With a third app form, signatures seems fine and I posted on 24-10-2013.

Application type: First adult passport
Method of application: Postal
Date of application :24/10/2013
Date of application acknowledgement: 30/10/2013
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of passport interview:
Date of return of documents:
Date of passport receipt:

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:45 pm

tar123zan wrote:In my first application form that I filled online (waited a week to be delivered) before I signed the document I gave it to my countersignatory to sign. After he signed, I signed the document but I went out of the box with a mm. I filled another form signed and took it to my countersignatory who lives in another town. This time he went out of the box. With a third app form, signatures seems fine and I posted on 24-10-2013.

Application type: First adult passport
Method of application: Postal
Date of application :24/10/2013
Date of application acknowledgement: 30/10/2013
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of passport interview:
Date of return of documents:
Date of passport receipt:
I dont think going out of the box should be a problem

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:56 pm

The important bit is that applicant's signature must not go out of the box.

If countersignatory's signature goes out of the box, it won't matter.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:42 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:The important bit is that applicant's signature must not go out of the box.

If countersignatory's signature goes out of the box, it won't matter.
alright, and what if the countersignatory writes their name or something else outside the small boxes? is that an issue?

Also, what if we don't know our grandparents' exact date of birth or marriage date? can it be approximate? I assume they are not going to check?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:29 am

Approximate DOB for parents and grandparents is fine. You can also write "not known".

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:51 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Approximate DOB for parents and grandparents is fine. You can also write "not known".
ah ok, because they also ask for their date of marriage or civil partnership; I don't think that civil partnerships existed back then!!

I'll ask the oldest members of my family and try to get as close as possible; i suppose most people will do the same

Cheers

skyiswide

Post by skyiswide » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:45 pm

I went for passport interview and all the answer I gave them is correct. But when I sent an email ..they said my application gone back for examination today and they should have more information in few days time. Anyone have idea what does it mean ?

I am just bit annoyed now. Since May I am going through this citizenship application then waited nearly 2 months for invitations letter after I received approval letter. Then went to private ceremony as the day they offered me November for ceremony. And now finally after booked my interview and after interview again passport application gone back to examination. I don't know other experience but it is really well annoying ...as many of my visa application I went through finger print process. And more then seven times I had to extent my visa plus ilr application. Plus British passport application. Now again passport office need to recheck or whatever. Now I will just forget about it. I cant hold my patients anymore. Enough is enough.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:15 pm

skyiswide wrote:I went for passport interview and all the answer I gave them is correct. But when I sent an email ..they said my application gone back for examination today and they should have more information in few days time. Anyone have idea what does it mean ?

I am just bit annoyed now. Since May I am going through this citizenship application then waited nearly 2 months for invitations letter after I received approval letter. Then went to private ceremony as the day they offered me November for ceremony. And now finally after booked my interview and after interview again passport application gone back to examination. I don't know other experience but it is really well annoying ...as many of my visa application I went through finger print process. And more then seven times I had to extent my visa plus ilr application. Plus British passport application. Now again passport office need to recheck or whatever. Now I will just forget about it. I cant hold my patients anymore. Enough is enough.
That's probably the normal process: You go to the interview, then your application is sent back for examination, based on the interview and the evidence your provided and then they decide if you are who you claim to be, so they will probably issue it in a few days, unless they have some concern about your identity, which is unlikely if you are not an impostor.

What email address did you contact to ask about your passport application, by the way?

Derivaz

Re: British Passport processing timeline

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:57 pm

krishnamama wrote:Application type: First Adult Passport
Method of Application: PO Check and Send
Date of application: 07/10/2013
Date of application acknowledged by IPS: 09/10/2013 (SMS)
Date of return of documents: 11/10/2013
Date of interview Letter: 11/10/2013
Date of passport interview appointment: 15/10/2013
Date of passport receipt:18/10/2013
Just a question; did you provide your grandparents' date of birth, full name, marriage date, etc...?

The form says that if your parents were born abroad, you need to provide your grandparent's info, but my pal says he asked and they said that if you have been naturalised you don't need to provide info on your grandparents; it's just for people that were born in the UK, but their parents were born abroad, did you provide the info?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:06 pm

Those sections are actually for people who are applying for passports by claiming to be British Citizens through parents and/or grandparents etc.

Naturalised citizens get a passport because they have been naturalised as British citizens, and not because of their parents or grandparents.

Date of birth is a big thing, if a naturalised citizen says that he does not even remember the name of his parents or grandparents, or where were they born, and just writes in all the boxes " not known" then still the passport will be issued without any problems.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:21 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Those sections are actually for people who are applying for passports by claiming to be British Citizens through parents and/or grandparents etc.

Naturalised citizens get a passport because they have been naturalised as British citizens, and not because of their parents or grandparents.

Date of birth is a big thing, if a naturalised citizen says that he does not even remember the name of his parents or grandparents, or where were they born, and just writes in all the boxes " not known" then still the passport will be issued without any problems.
That's what my pal says more or less, which makes sense, what puzzled me was that the form or guide don't clarify this, so I was wondering if some caseworker would get confused and reject the application if I don't provide it on a separate sheet as the form says.... I guess I could provide it anyway, just in case...

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:48 pm

If you have the information then yes provide it.

As far as "just in case" is concerned, what if the house of commons and house of lords meets overnight, passes a new law, and queen gives her consent and the whole law changes in the morning "just in case".

What if the sky falls down before you apply, I mean "just in case".

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:25 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:If you have the information then yes provide it.

As far as "just in case" is concerned, what if the house of commons and house of lords meets overnight, passes a new law, and queen gives her consent and the whole law changes in the morning "just in case".

What if the sky falls down before you apply, I mean "just in case".
Yeah, i have it, so i think i'll just provide it.

Well, I think providing a bit of extra info just in case is a bit different from passing a law :wink:

eureka_ilr

Post by eureka_ilr » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:31 am

Hello all

We applied for the British citizenship on 16/09/13 having spent just over 1 year on ILR before that. Then there was some payment processing problem (the card was lost) so we were asked to send the payment details again which we did. Finally the payment was taken on 28th Sep.

It's been over a month but haven't received any letter from UKBA. Should I be worried?

Eureka

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:34 am

skyiswide wrote:Derivaz- there is a form on gov.uk website to contact ukpa. I use that form.
Ah, I found it, very useful, cheers :)

Did they take long to reply?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:27 am

orbis2 wrote:Application type: First Adult Passport
Date of application: 14/10/2013
Date of application acknowledged by IPS: (SMS) 18/10/2013
Date of return of documents: (by secure delivery) on 21/10/2013
Date of interview Letter: received (21/10/2013)
Date of passport interview appointment: 29/10/2013
Date of passport receipt: 31/10/2013
congrats Orbis, may I ask if you provided your grandparents' details with your application?

jogeg
Newly Registered

Post by jogeg » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:32 am

I did not provide grandparents details on mine. I did note on section 8(is it) that I did not know grandparents details and I had no problem.

For naturalisation, I do not think grandparents details is compulsory.
Derivaz wrote:
congrats Orbis, may I ask if you provided your grandparents' details with your application?

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:37 am

jogeg wrote:I did not provide grandparents details on mine. I did note on section 8(is it) that I did not know grandparents details and I had no problem.

Derivaz wrote:
OK, my pal did the same and had no problem either; I think it's only mandatory for those that acquired their citizenship through their ancestors.

Cheers and congrats.

Derivaz

Post by Derivaz » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:05 pm

jogeg wrote:I did not provide grandparents details on mine. I did note on section 8(is it) that I did not know grandparents details and I had no problem.

Derivaz wrote:
I emailed the passport office, using the Gov.uk contact form and they replied in a couple of hours saying " as a first time passport applicant, please provide your grandparents' details", but one and my pal didn't provide it and had no problem.... strange replies.... I think I'll provide; it doesn't harm....

shahmac
Newly Registered

Can you advise how to take interview appointment prior to

Post by shahmac » Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:35 pm

sameer2012 wrote:passport application method:Post office c & s
Date of application : 23/10/2013
Receipt by passport office:25/10/2013
acknowledgement by IPS: 28/10/2013
Interview booked on: 29/10/2013(booked my interview before receiving my interview letter thats why it was so quick)
Supporting docs. received on: 30/10/2013
Interview date: 31/10/20139(attend in Luton rather than reading on 05/11/2013)
Passport received on: 04/11/2013(its already print out just waiting for courier to pick it up)
Sameer
Can you advise how to take interview appointment prior to letter
Thanks very much