ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returned from India after 7 weeks

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Dawn786

Returned from India after 7 weeks

Post by Dawn786 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Dear All,

I would like to share my experience of arriving from India after 7 weeks of holiday as I have seen that few forum members were anxious about UKBA questioning on arrival in UK.

I received my T1 Ent visa in June and I travelled in October end to India. I arrived today after 7 weeks and was asked 3 questions by the UKBA officers before stamping my passport.

Morning...how are you.
Officer - Morning, I am fine

(He looked at my passport first, and after seeing my card, ask me these questions)

1. What work do you do?
Ans - I work as a management consultant
2. What do you do?
Ans. I am involve in employee training, brand building and market research for companies.
3. Whom do you work for?
Ans. I work for myself, I have formed a limited company in February which is involve brand building, employee training and market research work.

Passport stamped.

Hope this information remove doubts from many forum members.

Thank you.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Returned from India after 7 weeks

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:40 pm

@ Dawn786, you cannot generalize immigration officers questions at entry points as it depend on individuals. The most important thing is to make sure that you have a good answer if they ask why you took long holiday leaving your business unattended to.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Dawn786

Re: Returned from India after 7 weeks

Post by Dawn786 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:19 pm

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Dawn786, you cannot generalize immigration officers questions at entry points as it depend on individuals. The most important thing is to make sure that you have a good answer if they ask why you took long holiday leaving your business unattended to.
I completely agree with you Olasunkanmi and I am sure readers are aware that each immigrant arrival is dealt differently by officers. However, my post is intended for those members who believe that they will be treated like law breakers once they return to UK on a TI Ent visa. I have read post on this forum in which few members have placed request to know the questions that will be asked on arrival (which obviously cannot be predicted by anyone).

Personally I always abide by each UK law and never had any trouble crossing borders alhmd.

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:16 pm

Thank you Dawn, at least this helped to unravel some query by some forum members who is of the notion that once you travel on this visa you are a total law breaker. However, Olasunkanmi is very correct as faces are differ so also are the entry clearance officer, all we need to pray about is to have a good one who is happy on his duty post whenever we are coming back.

:) :) :)