ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA SURPRISE HOME VISIT..NOT A MYTH!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CODEBLUE

Got that freakin' RC!!

Post by CODEBLUE » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:33 am

I applied for my EEA2 in May this year and i got my CoA with right to work. Today, the 19th of November 2013, before 7 am, the UKBA guys showed up at my house. I counted about 3 guys, but i think there were 2 more outside. I am a non EEA national, my husband is an EEA national. They said they just wanted to make sure that i lived there and our relationship was genuine (after about 4 years together, it doesn't get real-er than that!) They only looked in the bedroom and said they were satisfied that we were genuine. They didn't ask any questions, but the lead guy explained why they do this, that they visit about 10 a day, and most times none of them are genuine. He said he was going to write his report and i should hear from them in a few weeks. It took about 2-3 minutes. So here's hoping for good news. Next week marks 6 months post application, so fingers crossed!
Last edited by CODEBLUE on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: UKBA SURPRISE HOME VISIT..NOT A MYTH!

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:33 am

better then calling for interview which is time consuming and costly for EU/NON EU applicant
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:19 am

They might have reversed back to same policy of surprise home visits than calling the applicants for interview as since quite long not many people sharing their experiences about their interviews. Usually these visits mainly focus to determine that whether EU and NON EU partners still living together comparing to a lengthy 2-4 hours long interview.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

bil123
- thin ice -

Post by bil123 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:51 pm

CODEBLUE wrote:I applied for my EEA2 in May this year and i got my CoA with right to work. Today, the 19th of November 2013, before 7 am, the UKBA guys showed up at my house. I counted about 3 guys, but i think there were 2 more outside. I am a non EEA national, my husband is an EEA national. They said they just wanted to make sure that i lived there and our relationship was genuine (after about 4 years together, it doesn't get real-er than that!) They only looked in the bedroom and said they were satisfied that we were genuine. They didn't ask any questions, but the lead guy explained why they do this, that they visit about 10 a day, and most times none of them are genuine. He said he was going to write his report and i should hear from them in a few weeks. It took about 2-3 minutes. So here's hoping for good news. Next week marks 6 months post application, so fingers crossed!
you will now receive your RC with in a week .Home visit is the last check they do on any application, i got a refusal after 2 days of their visit but got RC later on via appeal, in your case I m sure they will issue RC immediately,

All the best
BIl

marry
Newly Registered

Post by marry » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:41 pm

I am just wondering that are these visits for all EEA applications
Or just for RC card. Are they going to checking for PR as well

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:55 pm

marry wrote:I am just wondering that are these visits for all EEA applications

Not all EEA applicants.

Just Random visits.

PR application,No as HO already issued RC.

lake1

Post by lake1 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:05 pm

Imshzd wrote:

Not all EEA applicants.

Just Random visits.

Having an RC doesnt mean they cant visit when you apply for PR, there might be new information to doubt the application which wasnt available when the RC was processed.

They can visit for PR applications too.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:08 pm

lake1 wrote:
Imshzd wrote:

Not all EEA applicants.

Just Random visits.

Having an RC doesnt mean they cant visit when you apply for PR, there might be new information to doubt the application which wasnt available when the RC was processed.

No way ; I completely disagree . Please let us know if know any story to backup

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Once the RC issued then it means that HO is satisfied on the applicants relation with the EEA national.

Then there is no point to visit applicants home before PR.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Imshzd wrote:Once the RC issued then it means that HO is satisfied on the applicants relation with the EEA national.

In theory you are correct, it is different scenario in practise, my friend has been due since over a year, UKBA just keep requesting for different documentation to prove the genuineness of their marriage, they have finally refused him last month. They do check afterwards, RCs have being curtailed even after issuance where UKBA have suspected marriage of convenience.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:08 pm

sheraz7 wrote: .... whether EU and NON EU partners still living together comparing to a lengthy 2-4 hours long interview.
Not that spouses have to be still living together for the non-eea national to obtain a residence certificate, surely the relationship has to simply be subsisting?

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:26 pm

el patron wrote:
sheraz7 wrote: .... whether EU and NON EU partners still living together comparing to a lengthy 2-4 hours long interview.
Not that spouses have to be still living together for the non-eea national to obtain a residence certificate, surely the relationship has to simply be subsisting?
you are right to certain extents but in that situation when officers surprisingly visiting the property if eea national is not available then further questioning backed by proof will need. Remember, there are a lot of jobs which requires changeability or mobility from one location to another which is very commonly accepted practise.
REGARDS

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:48 pm

sheraz7 wrote:
el patron wrote:
there are a lot of jobs which requires changeability or mobility from one location to another which is very commonly accepted practise.
Indeed, agreed!

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:16 am

bil123 wrote:
CODEBLUE wrote:I applied for my EEA2 in May this year and i got my CoA with right to work. Today, the 19th of November 2013, before 7 am, the UKBA guys showed up at my house. I counted about 3 guys, but i think there were 2 more outside. I am a non EEA national, my husband is an EEA national. They said they just wanted to make sure that i lived there and our relationship was genuine (after about 4 years together, it doesn't get real-er than that!) They only looked in the bedroom and said they were satisfied that we were genuine. They didn't ask any questions, but the lead guy explained why they do this, that they visit about 10 a day, and most times none of them are genuine. He said he was going to write his report and i should hear from them in a few weeks. It took about 2-3 minutes. So here's hoping for good news. Next week marks 6 months post application, so fingers crossed!
you will now receive your RC with in a week .Home visit is the last check they do on any application, i got a refusal after 2 days of their visit but got RC later on via appeal, in your case I m sure they will issue RC immediately,

All the best
BIl

I had read about one or two similar visits here, but not many people talk about them. So i never really thought they would visit me. Why were you refused after they visited you?? Well i hope that they will issue me with the RC now. The officers told me i would hear from them in a few weeks, but i don't want to get ahead of myself (#excited). Hearing from them can go one of two ways. Hoping for the very best though..

CODEBLUE

Post by CODEBLUE » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:21 am

askmeplz82 wrote:better then calling for interview which is time consuming and costly for EU/NON EU applicant
True.

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:09 am

Guys,
Don't get things twisted. The visit is there as a procedure to confirm genuineness of marriages but in reality is impracticable which is why they have curtailed its use.
@askmeplz82 It is more expensive (has to be carried out by at least 6 paid men+cost of mobility to location visited and any injuries/insurance against rebellious contact that may fight back if the marriage is not genuine and resisting detention) compared to interviews (carried out at the protection of UKBA environments, only 1 person to interview you both)
@marry I would say no as reason given above. It takes about 4 weeks to approve a home visit
@dalebutt Your friend did not satisfy them hence the request for more documentation. It is difficult to prove especially when they initially doubt the genuineness of the marriage. He must have a Right of Appeal which means he has to prove his case in front of a judge.
@CODEBLUE
I had read about one or two similar visits here, but not many people talk about them. So i never really thought they would visit me. Why were you refused after they visited you??
Discretion of the visit chief which might have been wrong as no evidence was taken into account... Most times they do not accommodate "the benefit of doubt" which is why there is a judicial process to prove beyond doubt when such situation arises.

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:25 am

askmeplz82 wrote:better then calling for interview which is time consuming and costly for EU/NON EU applicant
Both measures are to stop abusing the system by checking the genuineness of relationship. For UKBA or even for UK government both measures should not be expensive because if they really detect untrue relationship then they can save their foreign exchange/money which a non-eu national will take out for 5 years. None of these measures are expensive for them.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:02 am

Davmck70 wrote: @marry It takes about 4 weeks to approve a home visit
can you show us the source of above information.
REGARDS

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:18 am

sheraz7 wrote:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:45 am

Davmck70 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:
I do not think this guideline is for EU route applicants rather for people subject to immigration control under UK based categories. Look the following wording too of that manual:

31.7.1 Visits to households in order to conduct marriage, bail or reporting
compliance checks

Marriage visits are conducted to review the living arrangements of a couple making a settlement
application.

In above situation the op is applying for EEA2 RC under EU route.
REGARDS

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:32 am

sheraz7 wrote:
Davmck70 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:
I do not think this guideline is for EU route applicants rather for people subject to immigration control under UK based categories. Look the following wording too of that manual:

compliance checks

Marriage visits are conducted to review the living arrangements of a couple making a settlement
application.

Enforcement is enforcement - No matter the route applied for. UKBA does not have special departments to enforce the law based on application routes. I believe Singh route is under EU regulations so I can surmise the post addresses EEA 2 RC and all other routes

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:22 pm

Davmck70 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:
Davmck70 wrote:
sheraz7 wrote:

compliance checks

application.

I believe Singh route is under EU regulations so I can surmise the post addresses EEA 2 RC and all other routes
Do not confused from the word (singh) by merely looking on its title because it is completely different than Surinder singh route which covers by directive not UK law. You can read about singh vs hammond in details at below links:
http://www.refworld.org/docid/3ae6b6cb14.html
http://law.justia.com/cases/georgia/sup ... a1576.html

And surinder singh route under directive can be read here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=114867
REGARDS

lake1

Post by lake1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:15 pm

askmeplz82 wrote:
lake1 wrote:
Imshzd wrote:

Not all EEA applicants.

Just Random visits.

No way ; I completely disagree . Please let us know if know any story to backup
Really? you completely disagree? there are loads of cases when an RC is revoked, even when its not revoked when someone comes to apply for PR they can certainly visit if they have a doubt or are you saying once an RC is issued then thats it as long as your pass the other criteria they cant suspect it as a sham marriage.

lake1

Post by lake1 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:17 pm

Imshzd wrote:Once the RC issued then it means that HO is satisfied on the applicants relation with the EEA national.

I didnt say before applying for PR, I said when the person comes to apply for PR they can do a home visit.

There are cases when RC is revoked even before the person comes to apply for PR.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Post by askmeplz82 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:50 pm

lake1 wrote:

I didnt say before applying for PR, I said when the person comes to apply for PR they can do a home visit.

There are cases when RC is revoked even before the person comes to apply for PR.
how is that possible. Do you think every EEA/NON EEA living together for 5 years after marriage ? If someone is separated after 1/2 years lets say. there is no requirement under EEA law for the couple to live together even if they are still married for 5 years after marriage

If someone married today and don't live together then yes may be but if they separate after 6 months it can't be called a Sham marriage or marriage of convenience