ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Suggestion Needed

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

angelStha

Suggestion Needed

Post by angelStha » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:59 pm

I got my entrepreneur visa today!! Do I need to quit my job immediately or can I still work few more weeks? As I need to give 2 weeks notice to my current employer. Will this be a problem??

Suggestion really appreciate.

Thank you.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Suggestion Needed

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:10 pm

@ angelStha, if your salary get paid monthly, then you can still work till the end of this month as your payment will only show once and you shouldn't have any problem with that.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:09 pm

You should quit immediately as soon as you get visa in your hand. Two weeks or two months notice to your employer is nothing to do with Home Office. This is not their problem. Logically speaking if you have applied for visa then you should be aware that decision could be coming anytime.

As you are breaching your visa conditions, let say if UKBA raids your employer tomorrow and you are found working there, you can simply be deported on the grounds of breaching the conditions of your visa. I have personally seen someone deported for working 3 weeks with Royal Mail after getting the visa... The raid was made at his home. He had already resigned 2 weeks before the raid but still they took him on the basis of breaching visa conditions and sent back to India.

You may continue for further 12 months at your own risk without any problem at your own risk but I am talking about rules.