ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship : English Language requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sa.vj
Newly Registered

British Citizenship : English Language requirement

Post by sa.vj » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:58 am

Guys,

My BC is due in Marc 2014. I have submitted my degree along with PBS calculator print out when i first submitted my application for visa extension under PBS. At that point in time, I got 10 points for my degree.

But now when i check it, the PBS calculator doesn't give 10 marks to my qualification. Though I have previous communication from home-office saying that 10 points has been granted for English.

1. Do I need to prove my qualification again?

2. If yes, then probably i will have to get some letter from my university stating that degree was taught in ENGLISH.

Can anyone please share the format of the letter?

Thank you.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Tier 2

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:24 am

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

sa.vj
Newly Registered

Post by sa.vj » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:30 am

Yes. I tried under PBS tier 2.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:41 am

Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

timarli

Post by timarli » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:36 am

If the applicant hasn't proved this in previous applications would be enough to give them a print out of that page?

I already have my ILR and never had a tier type visa. But my uni is on this list. I was planning to take a print-out and attach to BC application.

loyalcitizen
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship : English Language requirement

Post by loyalcitizen » Wed May 14, 2014 3:11 pm

I had my NCS appointment today for BC application. I had taken along my PSB calculator print (Tier 2 - used in my previous applications). The lady at NCS, Oldham council was not sure if the PSB Calculator summary could suffice the English language requirement hence she called the HO.

The HO official told her that I need to take the PSB calculator assessment as a Tier 1 even though i had previously applied on Tier 2. All that they need to see is that the Assessment summary proves points for my degree done abroad as well as English language ability.
The Tier 2 assessment wasnt sufficient as it only proves points of English language and not the Degree thought abroad.