ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Set M questions - PEO appointment next week

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Red Sea Angel
Newly Registered

Set M questions - PEO appointment next week

Post by Red Sea Angel » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Hello all,

Would someone be kind enough to help my husband and I with a couple of questions regarding Set M ILR application? Apologies if they've been asked/answered elsewhere, I did several searches of the forum but was unable to come up with anything.

Question 2.27: Do you or your partner have any shared financial responsibilities?
I'm just not clear what this means (sorry to be dense!). Are they referring to things like rent, utilities etc. Or to the financial responsibilities of raising our children? My husband is the applicant, I am a BC. He is the only one employed, so he pays all bills, though I am in receipt of CB and we jointly receive CTC. Any insight would be much appreciated.

Question 9.11 Specifically the absence part: Please provide details of any periods of absence of more than 6 months during that time.
Is this a total of 180 days from all absences since EC, or does it refer to a continuous period of absence of 180 days since EC? My husband travels frequently as part of his job, and while he's certainly not been out of the UK for 6 months continually, it's possibly his total days could amount to that. I'm hoping we can avoid having to make a list of all his business trips!

His current visa is a Settlement/Spouse visa with the KOL endorsement. In light of which he is applying before completing 2 years in the UK. We will be including a letter explaining his 'early' application, just in case the CW is not familiar with this endorsement.
As part of the supporting documents, we will be including his payslips, however they are sent via email so printed at home. Is this likely to present a problem?
Lastly, does anyone have any experience of a spouse NOT attending a PEO appointment with the applicant? I have read that we should both attend, but we have 2 young children, one of whom will be in school, and no-one who could have them both for the day. I intend to write a letter supporting his application. Could my absence adversely affect his application?

Many thanks for your time, any thoughts/help would be much appreciated.
Last edited by Red Sea Angel on Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:02 pm

Shared financial responsibility means as you think, housekeeping, bills, mortgage etc...

Yes only absences over 6 months at a time.

Email payslips should be fine.

Spouse should attend, if not a letter supporting the application with contact details (tel #) will suffice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Red Sea Angel
Newly Registered

Post by Red Sea Angel » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:14 pm

Many thanks for your prompt reply Amber. I am very relieved that we don't need to list all his business trips!

I wonder if you would be kind enough to clarify something further for me regarding the shared financial responsibilities.......most of the utilities and our tenancy agreement are in joint names, however, the payments for these things come from my husband's a/c since he's the one employed and that's where his salary is deposited. I am assuming that these would be considered shared since I too am liable for any monies owed, even though payments come from my husband's bank a/c. Is this correct?

Thank you once again for your assistance :)

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:53 pm

Yes, you can list them as shared.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Red Sea Angel
Newly Registered

Post by Red Sea Angel » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:16 pm

Thank you very much for your assistance Amber :)

aksi

Re: Set M questions - PEO appointment next week

Post by aksi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:12 am

Just want to caution you about SET(M) section 6, I had a set back by inadvertently answering a question on SET(M), So please be careful.

Red Sea Angel
Newly Registered

Post by Red Sea Angel » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:16 pm

aksi wrote:Just want to caution you about SET(M) section 6, I had a set back by inadvertently answering a question on SET(M), So please be careful.
~ aski - Thank you for the warning. We have begun filling in the form today, and the section you are referring to has given us pause...it's extremely misleading since depending on your answer to Q11 it then directs you to Q13, but if you read the text just above Q13 it says to go directly to Q17!! Given your unfortunate experience we now know NOT to tick Q13, but my sympathies to you for falling foul of their poorly set out form.

My husband thinks I am stressing to much over every single question :roll: but it's for exactly this reason I'm second guessing myself and double/triple checking what's being asked!

I know I'm over-thinking this, but with aski's recent experience in mind, would someone be kind enough to answer a couple more questions?

Section 2A - Your Partners Details - 'How long has your partner lived in the UK?'. I know this ought to be a really simple question :oops: but we lived together in my husband's home country from 2006 - 2012. So, should we put my return date to the UK last year? Or the years I lived in the UK before moving, then the elapsed time since my return last year?

Section 2B - There are 2 boxes to write addresses you have lived at in the 2 years preceding the application. Should this include our current address, or only addresses not listed in 1.13? There's another section (section 7) that specifically asks about previous addresses but states "other than that given at section 1.13." so at least that's clear!

Finally, I'd just like confirmation that we've understood Section 3 correctly. We have 2 children who are BC so there's nothing to complete regarding them until 3.9 (further information) where it says"You may wish to include details of any children under the age of 18 who are in the UK and are British citizens....".Are we correct?

Many thanks to all on the forum who continue to offer their experience/expertise/insights for all those in need.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:40 am

Red Sea Angel wrote:
aksi wrote:Just want to caution you about SET(M) section 6, I had a set back by inadvertently answering a question on SET(M), So please be careful.
~ aski - Thank you for the warning. We have begun filling in the form today, and the section you are referring to has given us pause...it's extremely misleading since depending on your answer to Q11 it then directs you to Q13, but if you read the text just above Q13 it says to go directly to Q17!! Given your unfortunate experience we now know NOT to tick Q13, but my sympathies to you for falling foul of their poorly set out form.

My husband thinks I am stressing to much over every single question :roll: but it's for exactly this reason I'm second guessing myself and double/triple checking what's being asked!
Your husband is right and it seems like you are zooming too much into every single simple question and therefore you are now not able to understand simple basic questions.:lol: I hope you don't come back and ask that in first question in the form its asking my name so what should I write in it or whose name is being asked :lol: :lol: you are losing focus and being really paranoid and obnoxious sorry to be harsh but hey pay reasonable attention while filling form as after all its your ILR.

I know I'm over-thinking this, but with aski's recent experience in mind, would someone be kind enough to answer a couple more questions?

Section 2A - Your Partners Details - 'How long has your partner lived in the UK?'. I know this ought to be a really simple question :oops: but we lived together in my husband's home country from 2006 - 2012. So, should we put my return date to the UK last year? Or the years I lived in the UK before moving, then the elapsed time since my return last year?

Have you read this question properly?as it seems you haven't as its clearly saying How long has your British Citizen partner lived in the UK so just say SINCE BIRTH or British Citizen by Birth and they aren't asking about how long you have lived with your partner

Section 2B - There are 2 boxes to write addresses you have lived at in the 2 years preceding the application. Should this include our current address, or only addresses not listed in 1.13? There's another section (section 7) that specifically asks about previous addresses but states "other than that given at section 1.13." so at least that's clear!

Just all other address going backwards from current to the first address and no need to put current address as its already asked in first section.

Finally, I'd just like confirmation that we've understood Section 3 correctly. We have 2 children who are BC so there's nothing to complete regarding them until 3.9 (further information) where it says"You may wish to include details of any children under the age of 18 who are in the UK and are British citizens....".Are we correct?

Not sure about this one sorry

Many thanks to all on the forum who continue to offer their experience/expertise/insights for all those in need.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:09 am

Yes just section 3.9 to mention British children. Just for knowledge navalaviator, partner's need not be British for SET(M).

Red Sea Angel
Newly Registered

Post by Red Sea Angel » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:33 am

Thank you to navalaviator and Amber for your assistance :) and apologies for asking seemingly obvious questions :oops: I'm just really stressed about this and don't want an error on the form to cause any problems.

Regarding the below...
Red Sea Angel wrote: Section 2A - Your Partners Details - 'How long has your partner lived in the UK?'. I know this ought to be a really simple question :oops: but we lived together in my husband's home country from 2006 - 2012. So, should we put my return date to the UK last year? Or the years I lived in the UK before moving, then the elapsed time since my return last year?
navalaviator wrote: Have you read this question properly?as it seems you haven't as its clearly saying How long has your British Citizen partner lived in the UK so just say SINCE BIRTH or British Citizen by Birth and they aren't asking about how long you have lived with your partner
I know they are not asking how long I have lived with my partner. I have NOT lived in the UK from birth. I lived here from birth to 2006, then from 2012 to the present. I lived abroad for 6 years. So, it doesn't seem correct to write from birth, particularly when we applied for and were granted my husband's settlement visa under the pre 9th July rules (more than 4 years living together overseas etc).

Many thanks to all for your patience :)

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:10 am

Any news 'Red Sea Angel' on your partner ILR application?

Just quick question, How did your husband applied for ILR since he was living abroad for 4 years???