ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer not responding for absence letter request

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bobthemoggie

Employer not responding for absence letter request

Post by Bobthemoggie » Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:16 am

Dear all,

I am quite worried on the employer absence letter.

In last 5 years I worked for 3 employers.

(A) One company where I worked is not responding at all to my reminders & chasers. It was a small but established company but somehow HR is simply ignoring my requests. During my tenure at this company I have had taken following absences: 3 weeks & 4 weeks absences from UK.
In case, they do not send the letter at all then could there be a negative impact?

Please suggest.

(B) Also, For my request for the absence letter to other previous employer I have got following formatted letters:

"Whlist we are not able to confirm specific dates of vacation for <My Name> we can confirm that- he was employed by us on UK payroll from <start date> to <end date>. To best of our knowledge anytime spend outside of the UK would have been on vacation."
Is this acceptable format?

Many Thanks

timarli

Post by timarli » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:46 pm

It's difficult to say but I think I read a few times on the forum that the caseworkers don't even ask for this letter when the applicant's absence is not significant.

Obviously you shouldn't rely on this however even if you can't sort three letters it might not be a problem.

As for the second questiuon; that wording is similar to what I submitted. Employers can't know when you left the country or returned. All they can do is just to confirm that you were on annual leave. I think that format does the job.

trush.madh
Newly Registered

Re: Employer not responding for absence letter request

Post by trush.madh » Fri May 09, 2014 5:57 pm

Bob ....

have you got your ILR ??

bhp

Re: Employer not responding for absence letter request

Post by bhp » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Hello Bob and all Others,

I am in a similar situation. I have worked for only 2 employers so far. My previous employer has been avoiding me and not responding to my emails when asked for my absence letter which comes to about 60 days in first 2 years of entering UK. In the next 3 years with my current employer I was away for 30 days. All the absence days were for holidays.

My current employer is happy to give the letter for the 30 days but I am not sure what I must do for the first employer.

Should I write a personal letter and state the reasons for the absences?

I am also planning to take the printouts of the email to my first employer; in case the case workers asks me what efforts I have taken to contact my first employer. I will carry the contact details of the first employer as well.

Please help.

Thanks,
BHP