ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR Set(m) Need some Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

fredd

Applying for ILR Set(m) Need some Help

Post by fredd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:48 am

My wife is due to apply for ilr in feb 2014 but have got some questions ..
1- Only our banks statements come at my parents address but we live in a rented accommodation and have got lots of docs as proof of cohabitation...so how do we explain about the statements?
2-Do we need a covering letter with our application how much does it affect the application?
3-I get student loan so where shall i explain it?..we are both working part time ...
4-Do we need any savings does this help the application?
5- 2.17 What type of ceremony was your wedding/civil partnership? we got married in registry office so what shall i write .?
6- 2.27 Shared financial responsibilities ? what should be written there..
7- She got points on her licence for using mobile phone so shall we put the date of conviction or shall we put the date of when the sentence was given?
I know some of the questions are silly but i dont wanna take any chance and any help would be much much appreciated...
Thanks.

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Re: Applying for ILR Set(m) Need some Help

Post by navalaviator » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:33 am

fredd wrote:My wife is due to apply for ilr in feb 2014 but have got some questions ..
1- Only our banks statements come at my parents address but we live in a rented accommodation and have got lots of docs as proof of cohabitation...so how do we explain about the statements?

Why you didn't change the address in all this time?Change address now as you will need statements as a financial evidence to show that you and your partner is earning and paying bills etc. and are not both unemployed or without any money in bank at all.

2-Do we need a covering letter with our application how much does it affect the application?

No not really unless your application is really complicated or have used a solicitor who normally write such covering letters with applications so no you don't need one but as i said unless its really a complicated case.

3-I get student loan so where shall i explain it?..we are both working part time ...
In section 8.

4-Do we need any savings does this help the application?

Well something around £1500 to £2500 would look good but again there is no such requirement under old rules as long as you can support yourselves without help from the public purse.

5- 2.17 What type of ceremony was your wedding/civil partnership? we got married in registry office so what shall i write .?

Civil marriage in xyz council's registry office.

6- 2.27 Shared financial responsibilities ? what should be written there..

Do you have any with your partner if so then write them its simple as that.

7- She got points on her licence for using mobile phone so shall we put the date of conviction or shall we put the date of when the sentence was given?
Well not sure about this one as its not just a simple matter of the date of conviction as its much more serious and could potentially affect the application as its conviction from court(assuming the matter went to court and was not an FPN etc.) but an expert advice needs on this one as normally driving convictions such as using mobile phone while driving and driving without insurance is taken very seriously so you need to seek professional advice
I know some of the questions are silly but i dont wanna take any chance and any help would be much much appreciated...
Thanks.
Which is it of the favors of your lord that ye deny.

fredd

Post by fredd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:45 am

Thanks for your reply but we explained about the points when applied on FLR(M) but i have forgot what date we wrote there...
and we had statements on parents address even when applying for flr(m)
but we added a later from my mom confirming that...so if we do the same thing again would that be fine?
thanks again...

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:02 am

fredd wrote:Thanks for your reply but we explained about the points when applied on FLR(M) but i have forgot what date we wrote there...
and we had statements on parents address even when applying for flr(m)
but we added a later from my mom confirming that...so if we do the same thing again would that be fine?
thanks again...
Why can't you change the address on your statements?In set(M) application they are interested in seeing that if you have been both really living together or not and to prove that you have to provide evidence of it in form of official letters and bank statements could have been really helpful too and also they need to see your income and outgoings etc. but I don't understand why your statements are going on different address :roll:

As far as points are concerned then recently a lot of changes were made and so anything which ends up in the court could have serious implications in the outcome so you need to seek professional advice in this or wait for the experts to jump in and advise on this one.

fredd

Post by fredd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:11 am

Thanks again ...but we have got our tendency agreement , gas water electric and council tax letter and some others for the whole duration its just statements

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:22 am

fredd wrote:Thanks again ...but we have got our tendency agreement , gas water electric and council tax letter and some others for the whole duration its just statements
Why don't you change address on statements?

fredd

Post by fredd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:28 am

Because we both are students and dont wanna change our bank address to term time address as its not good for credit history...

navalaviator
Member of Standing

Post by navalaviator » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:51 am

EH didn't know that changing address effects your credit history :roll: strange!

anyways get a letter and explain and make sure you take as much evidence as possible with you on your appointment as they might ask you for more. :wink:

fredd

Post by fredd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:58 am

thanks...

fredd

Post by fredd » Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Please can somebody shed some more light on these ....Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:31 pm

fredd wrote:My wife is near to the completion of her 2 year qualifying period i have booked an appointment 21 days before the expiry so is that ok because we can apply 28 days before. does applying that early have an impact on the application?
i am studying in university and working part time plus getting student loan and my wife is working full time so where do we mention about student loan?
i will appreciate if somebody can shed some light on this......
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Applying from 28 days before qualification is fine. No need to include loan details.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

fredd

Post by fredd » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:45 pm

Amber_ wrote:Applying from 28 days before qualification is fine. No need to include loan details.
really appreciate your help Amber and sorry for posting it again i would be very thankful if you can answer my other questions....

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:55 pm

What questions are remaining?

fredd

Post by fredd » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:56 pm

Amber_ wrote:What questions are remaining?

fredd

Post by fredd » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:20 pm

Please can somebody answer these question any help will be much appreciated.....

eve81
Newly Registered
Peru

Post by eve81 » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:08 am

Fredd,

I am not an expert but you should most certainly go into the bank and change your address with them to you current address.
My husband successfully got IRL 2 months ago. We like you lived with my parents for a while and moved into rented accommodation in April, i didn't change my address right away as i didn't think it was important as my parents only live 3 miles away, plus i didn't know how long we would stay at our new address. So i used to pick my mail up from my parents. Once I realised about the cohabitation docs i thought i better change everything. Im glad I did because the bank said I should have done it straight away as it is fraud if you DO NOT! didn't realise it was that serious so i quickly changed everything, as my drivers license and everything you can get fined etc if any information is false, e.g address.
I applied in september for ILR but didn't change my address until August, but it was enough time to get 1 bank statement each for me and my husband to the new address and then we had enough documents over the two years to prove the time we lived at my parents and the time at our new house.
We successfully got the ILR in 7 weeks, so it was clearly not an issue. But it could have been a problem if we had 2 different addresses at the same time, as I said for fraud reasons!
Honesty is the best policy!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:08 pm

I wouldn't worry about the bank statements, so far as you have enough supporting documents at the same address. Just expalin if asked, the address is your parents. A cover letter isn't required.

fredd

Post by fredd » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:10 pm

Thanks Amber Really Appreciate ....

fredd

Post by fredd » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Just getting everything ready for my wifes application but have something that i wanted some clarification on
1- when i am making copies what things do i need to make copies of is that everything including biometric card and passports
2- she have done a degree so do we only need to put degree certificate in for English language requirement or the transcript as well..
3- 2.15 Were you married or in a civil partnership when you were last granted leave in this category?
4- 1.12 BRP Reference Number ?
5- we have got co hab documents covering 2 years but i will choose 2 for every 4 months the question is that if i just put bank statements for last 3 months is that enough or do they have to cover the 2 year period as well?
your help will be much much appreciated !!!!!

fredd

Post by fredd » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Please can somebody help....
Just getting everything ready for my wifes application but have something that i wanted some clarification on
1- when i am making copies what things do i need to make copies of is that everything including biometric card and passports
2- she have done a degree so do we only need to put degree certificate in for English language requirement or the transcript as well..
3- 2.15 Were you married or in a civil partnership when you were last granted leave in this category?
4- 1.12 BRP Reference Number ?
5- we have got co hab documents covering 2 years but i will choose 2 for every 4 months the question is that if i just put bank statements for last 3 months is that enough or do they have to cover the 2 year period as well?
your help will be much much appreciated !!!!!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:04 am

Yes you should make copies of everything. If the degree was taught in the UK yes, otherwise you’ll need to show it was taught in English i.e. a print out from the PBS calculator awarding 10 points for English Skills. Yes, if you were married. BRP ref will be on the BRP card. Yes, the last cohabitation proof will be covered with the 3 months bank statements and corresponding wage slips.

fredd

Post by fredd » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:27 am

Thanks amber for your reply so yes it was taught in uk so degree certificate will be enough and one more thing about 2.15 does that when the flrm was granted ?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Yes.

fredd

Re: Applying for ILR Set (m) Need some Help

Post by fredd » Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:23 pm

thanks once again amber will update you with the decision next week....