ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request for help with OCI Applications

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imranb

Request for help with OCI Applications

Post by imranb » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:04 pm

I have completed online OCI forms for myself, wife and 2 minor children, and intend to submit these in person at the Birmingham Indian High Commission.

After completing both sections A and B for the family, I have been able to download the PDF. This PDF comes up with Section A for each of the 4 of family. But only 1 page for Section B appears. It is quite evident that Section B is common for the entire family, but I just want to be doubly sure, should I be printing section ‘B’ 4 times and attach it with each of the applications, or should I just go with one copy of the section ‘B’ for the entire family?

Also, at the end of the PDF, there is a list of 16 instructions. Instruction no. 11 states – ‘This form when completed should be submitted in duplicate (both sets must have original photographs and signatures with enclosures’. Now I am really confused here. Nowhere on this forum have I seen anyone mentioning that they had to submit 2 copies of every application and its associated documents/photos.

I would really appreciate of someone can help me address the above issues.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:00 pm

2 x( 4 x A + 1 x B)
plus 1 set of documents

imranb

Post by imranb » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:41 pm

ban.s wrote:2 x( 4 x A + 1 x B)
plus 1 set of documents
Many Thanks 'ban.s'

imranb

Post by imranb » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:34 am

imranb wrote:
plus 1 set of documents
Many Thanks 'ban.s'
Had a very disappointing and wasted day today at Birmingham High Commission. They did not expect 2 x ( 4 x A + 1 x B), but they expected 2 x( 4 x A + 4 x B). I do not blame you ban.s, that is what anyone would imply from what is mentioned on their website, as well as the way the pdf gets generated (4A + 1B). Spoke to a few guys out there, and every single one was paying either a 2nd or 3rd visit because of the same reasons. One guy categorically mentioned - 'How could you expect to get your work done in the 1st go with the Indian High Commission'... Sorry state of affairs I must say.

anakin
Newly Registered

Post by anakin » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:38 pm

Yes you are right imranb, the guidance is very confusing indeed!
However, to be on the safe side I took copies of both PartA & PartB for my family and surprise surprise they accepted both!
Just shows that it does not hurt to take that extra effort and go in there with every documentation prepared for worst case scenario, especially when it comes to the esteemed HCI. I can only empathise with your situation but good luck, and thanks for sharing, we all learn from each others experiences :D

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Sorry to hear your experience.
Part B contains signature and other common information - for a family application just one copy is required (as per their own instructions). Also in the new online system you'll get a combined pdf - so for submission in duplicate - I would just print the pdf twice!

wondering what they would be doing with 8 copies of same part B!!!!

Also see below - just one set of form was accepted!
ananthahari wrote:Today I have submted. only one set of application form and its supporting docs.

cpcg

thanks for sharing your valuable experince

Post by cpcg » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:45 pm

hi imran, i really feel sorry for u but thank you very much for sharing ur experience. i would have done the same mistake (ftravelling rom manchester) had i not gone thruogh ur post. CGI birmingham staff are dumb and stupids. they got no commonsense and very unfriendly. if i were u i would have really blasted at them. Idiots they are there only to trouble people not to help. very bad management of the office.

best wishes
imranb wrote:
imranb wrote:
plus 1 set of documents
Many Thanks 'ban.s'
Had a very disappointing and wasted day today at Birmingham High Commission. They did not expect 2 x ( 4 x A + 1 x B), but they expected 2 x( 4 x A + 4 x B). I do not blame you ban.s, that is what anyone would imply from what is mentioned on their website, as well as the way the pdf gets generated (4A + 1B). Spoke to a few guys out there, and every single one was paying either a 2nd or 3rd visit because of the same reasons. One guy categorically mentioned - 'How could you expect to get your work done in the 1st go with the Indian High Commission'... Sorry state of affairs I must say.

imranb

Re: thanks for sharing your valuable experince

Post by imranb » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:49 pm

cpcg wrote:hi imran, i really feel sorry for u but thank you very much for sharing ur experience. i would have done the same mistake (ftravelling rom manchester) had i not gone thruogh ur post. CGI birmingham staff are dumb and stupids. they got no commonsense and very unfriendly. if i were u i would have really blasted at them. Idiots they are there only to trouble people not to help. very bad management of the office.

best wishes
imranb wrote:
imranb wrote:
plus 1 set of documents
Many Thanks 'ban.s'
I am glad you have benefited from my experience. Also, please do not forget to carry separate copies of your documents to be submitted with your child's application. For some reason they want all of parents enclosure copies to be attached with a child's application.