ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working overseas and any chances for naturalization?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

chxly
Newly Registered

Working overseas and any chances for naturalization?

Post by chxly » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:41 am

I am asking this for my friend, who will apply BC through NCS shortly.

She has gained her IRL in Dec 2012 via 5y work permit. She met all requirements (absence less than 90 days in last year and less than 450 days in last 5 years and no bad records etc.). However, regarding future intention, she is a bit concerns. Leaving previous employment this May, she is now working for a UK organisation oversea branch based in Japan, paid local currency and local tax. i.e. she did not pay any UK tax or NI since May 2013. Her current contract is 3 years and she went there 3 times this year (May, Sep and Nov, total 87 days absence).

She has property in the UK and her son is british. She is making UK as future home. She did not know if she should declare her oversea job in AN form 3.1-3.5 section. Or just fill in unemployed?

What would be the best way to strength her case?

Thanks

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:16 pm

So, does the plan revolve around

Either hide the facts

or

Tell lies

**Edited by Moderator.

timarli

Post by timarli » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:18 pm

To be honest, I am not sure why it wouldn't be considered as a legitimate reason to be outside UK during the qualifying 1 year period.

It's a UK based employement and due to employment requirements your friend is working in an overseas office.

Wouldn't it be disregarded, provided she meets the other requirements such as links to Uk etc.?

chxly
Newly Registered

Post by chxly » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:41 pm

I told her it is not good to lie. However, her contract is signed with oversea office and she is a Japanese. She is concerned if putting oversea work address, it will lead the case worker double her future intention. Any one here has similar experience, please give some guidance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:10 am

If she's working overseas, then be careful. Her ILR may be in jeopardy.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

chxly
Newly Registered

Post by chxly » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:02 pm

that is the main reason she is hoping to become BC.

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:20 pm

I would say dont lie in your application and be truthful, tell that it is UK based organisation and because of business reasons had to travel outside UK. Provide the UK registration address of the company.

chxly
Newly Registered

Post by chxly » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:27 pm

However, her contract was signed locally. Her employment is with local organisation not UK one. Would this not have an impact of her future intension?

I have saw a few posts in the forum with similar situation and people are sucessful with naturalization. Just wonder how do they fill in this employment section?