ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

9 points on driving licence

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

elthamman

9 points on driving licence

Post by elthamman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:06 pm

hi all , i can apply in february 2014 , i got 9 points ( all minor speeding offences) 2 x 3 points from november 2012 and another 3 from september 2013 , not longer than 2 months ago it was that unless you have more than 2 convictions in the last 12 months , you'll be allright , but i just read in a booklet that minor offences wont be taken into account unless you have numerous , so has it changed???, does anyone know the answer to that? thanks a lot for replies
Last edited by elthamman on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jotter
Member of Standing

Post by jotter » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:09 pm

Based on what others have said in related topics you should be fine as long as you simply paid the FPN and the matter didn't go any further. Since there were points against your license in each case, you'll need to declare all three and include your license counterpart with your application. If you are applying through the NCS they'll take a copy of your counterpart and give you back the original.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: 9 points on driving licence

Post by Wanderer » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:15 pm

elthamman wrote:hi all , i can apply in february 2014 , i got 9 points ( all minor speeding offences) 2 x 3 points from november 2012 and another 3 from september 2013 , not longer than 2 months ago it was that unless you have more than 2 convictions in the last 12 months , you'll be allright , but i just read in a booklet that minor offences wont be taken into account unless you have numerous , so has it changed??? i find it ridicoulous anyway that points on my licence say i'm not of a good character , does anyone know the answer to that? thanks a lot for replies
Where you not offered a speed awareness course to negate three of them?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:49 pm

Wanderer I have edited your post as that is unacceptable, take this as a warning.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:44 pm

jotter wrote:Based on what others have said in related topics you should be fine as long as you simply paid the FPN and the matter didn't go any further. Since there were points against your license in each case, you'll need to declare all three and include your license counterpart with your application. If you are applying through the NCS they'll take a copy of your counterpart and give you back the original.
yes i will apply through ncs so hopefully they will advise

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:01 pm

How many points were through fixed penalty notice?

Did you receive summons from magistrate's court on any of the three ocassions?

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:16 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:How many points were through fixed penalty notice?

Did you receive summons from magistrate's court on any of the three ocassions?
all of them fixed penalties , no summons, to be more precise , i was doing 38 in 30 , 68 in 60 and 39 in 30

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:23 am

None of these were convictions, hence no need to declare. You will need to enclose your counterpart though.

Do not take any advice from NCS on this matter. Most of the NCS people haven't got a clue.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:31 am

But the way you drive, you will soon be banned from driving under the totting up system.

I am sure you will end up breaking speed limit again before you apply for naturalisation. You will be summoned to the court and get banned and fined. You will have to wait 3 years after conviction.

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:31 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:None of these were convictions, hence no need to declare. You will need to enclose your counterpart though.

Do not take any advice from NCS on this matter. Most of the NCS people haven't got a clue.
really? i thought they should know what they're doing , whats the point applying through ncs then? so why does it say in a booklet that fixed penalties dont count unless you have numerous?? it even says on a new application , surely something's changed , before it was more than 2 in last 12 months

elthamman

Post by elthamman » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:34 am

Ayyubi72 wrote:But the way you drive, you will soon be banned from driving under the totting up system.

I am sure you will end up breaking speed limit again before you apply for naturalisation. You will be summoned to the court and get banned and fined. You will have to wait 3 years after conviction.
no worries , i'm applying on february 19th , pretty sure i can make it :)

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:09 am

The point in applying with the NCS is to keep your documents and for them to check the form, nothing else, certainly not to give advice.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:09 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:But the way you drive, you will soon be banned from driving under the totting up system.

That's unfair, I have 6 points, caught three times (speed awareness for one) all 34 in a 30, all within three months of each other, all end of last year, the previous thirty years nothing, not even a parking ticket.

The real issue is unmarked Police vans with laser guns trapping motorists purely for revenue. It's cat and mouse, since then I have invested in camera alerter apps for the car, and I even was alerted to two vans on the A19 in a field, I saw them, with a clear line of sight. these guns have a range of 1000 meters. It's nothing to do with safety, pure revenue-gathering.

So my friend think again when maybe you get a NIP through the door for 33 in a 30, you can hardly see the difference on the speedo needle, remember 10% error is allowed, and nothing else.

If anything this speed trapping is more dangerous than the speeding, as drivers are distracted from the road as they stare at the speedo. I drive 600 miles a week and I'm always watching the speedo, and the constant looking up and looking down is straining.

Heisgood

Post by Heisgood » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Wanderer wrote:

That's unfair, I have 6 points, caught three times (speed awareness for one) all 34 in a 30, all within three months of each other, all end of last year, the previous thirty years nothing, not even a parking ticket.

The real issue is unmarked Police vans with laser guns trapping motorists purely for revenue. It's cat and mouse, since then I have invested in camera alerter apps for the car, and I even was alerted to two vans on the A19 in a field, I saw them, with a clear line of sight. these guns have a range of 1000 meters. It's nothing to do with safety, pure revenue-gathering.

So my friend think again when maybe you get a NIP through the door for 33 in a 30, you can hardly see the difference on the speedo needle, remember 10% error is allowed, and nothing else.

If anything this speed trapping is more dangerous than the speeding, as drivers are distracted from the road as they stare at the speedo. I drive 600 miles a week and I'm always watching the speedo, and the constant looking up and looking down is straining.
Wanderer The constant looking everywhere is mentally draining and causes undue stress. The only way out is to obey every speed limit in the land. I did it for 6yrs straight as I got zapped twice and was determine never again. Prepare to get some abuse from hasty drivers when you obey all the laws . Try driving at 18-19mph in a 20mph zone people stare at you as if you a zoombie.....Investment in camera alerter wouldn't help solve everything as now there are hidden cops, mobile speeding units and undercover unmarked cars taking pictures for those doing lane hugging on the motorway. Drive smartly and all the best.
“O give thanks unto the LORD; for He is good:” - He helped me conquered Everest (BC)
The long hard slog also call the immigration journey => | WHV | WPermit | ILR | BC | Passport |

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:24 pm

Go and try advance motoring course. It will be an eye opener.

You do not need to stare the speedo. Once you are on your correct speed for the road, the speed of the vehicle will not increase unless you give more gas.

Learn to drive properly and stick to the speed limit. I think there are less speed cameras, fixed or mobile. I think police should catch more and more of these speeding drivers and give them maximum fines.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:55 pm

having taken car and motorbike training with police, the rules are simple and as follows:

20 in a 20 zone
30 in a 30 zone
40 in a 40 zone
50 in a 50 zone
anything about that police will spare you.

The reason being most serious accidents happens in builtup areas hence the speed limits

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:58 pm

Ayyubi72 wrote:Go and try advance motoring course. It will be an eye opener.

You do not need to stare the speedo. Once you are on your correct speed for the road, the speed of the vehicle will not increase unless you give more gas.

Learn to drive properly and stick to the speed limit. I think there are less speed cameras, fixed or mobile. I think police should catch more and more of these speeding drivers and give them maximum fines.
I realise you are not a driver, or possibly a learner, and don't understand the road, but;

I do seem to remember cars go faster down hills - accelerator or no accelerator.

It's a matter of fact there are more speed cameras and even more mobile ones.

It's not the fines that matter, it's the points, 12 and a ban. That's livelihood affecting.

Ok, I'll stop now, I'll let you get back to your driving lessons.....

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:51 pm

This thread has come to an end.